Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Banter Thread #1

jburns

1 minute ago, NCWX said:

Has anyone even thought about what this up coming summer will be like for the SE?  Cool and wet, Cool and dry,  Hot and dry?  Or a mixed bag?

Most models are showing us going into a la Nino over the summer. I know there is a lag in the response to these enso signals, but I've heard about normal to slightly above on the precip and not too much crazy heat! Definitely can't be as dry as last summer , I hope!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

Most models are showing us going into a la Nino over the summer. I know there is a lag in the response to these enso signals, but I've heard about normal to slightly above on the precip and not too much crazy heat! Definitely can't be as dry as last summer , I hope!

I can live with that.  I am hoping for a very wet early spring so things will be nice and green and lush. 

4 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I have accepted a new position working around the Savannah area, so I will be moving someplace between Bluffton/Hilton Head and Savannah (surrounding areas) :D  As soon as I find a place to live the portals will be a memory.   ^_^    

Beautiful country out there!  The GA and SC coastlines are amazing!

I have accepted a new position working around the Savannah area, so I will be moving someplace between Bluffton/Hilton Head and Savannah (surrounding areas) :D  As soon as I find a place to live the portals will be a memory.   ^_^    

:wub::wub::wub:    Youll have me a visitor for sure. Never been down in that area. Good bye portals and hello T storms and sea breezes :sun::sizzle:

Congrats on the job and moving to a cooler climate!

2 hours ago, LithiaWx said:

Beautiful country out there!  The GA and SC coastlines are amazing!

Yes they are amazing. I'm not really a beach person, but I do have to say that I have always enjoyed spending time in Hilton Head/Savannah :)  I'll be able to eat ribs at the Pirates Den and burgers and beer at moon river brewing company any time I want now :D  

2 hours ago, Avdave said:

:wub::wub::wub:    Youll have me a visitor for sure. Never been down in that area. Good bye portals and hello T storms and sea breezes :sun::sizzle:

Wooo hoooo!!! The door will always be open sir! :D  I won't know how to act when the sea breeze kicks in   :lol: 

1 hour ago, J.C. said:

Congrats on the job and moving to a cooler climate!

Thanks JC! After 27 years in the portals, I give   :(     

9 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

You must really hate snow!!? :(

your moving in the wrong direction!

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. announced a recall Sunday of certain 12-ounce bottles of its pale ales, IPA's and other beers after detecting a packaging flaw that could cause a piece of glass to break off into the bottle.

In a statement Sunday, it said the recall applies to eight different types of its craft beers, including its popular Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, purchased in 36 states across the Midwest, the South and East Coast of the United States.

The California-based company issued the voluntary recall after quality inspections at its Mills River, North Carolina, brewery detected a limited number of bottles made with a flaw "that may cause a small piece of glass to break off and possibly fall into the bottle, creating a risk of injury," the statement said.

The affected beer has a package date that falls between Dec. 5, 2016, and Jan. 13, 2017 and a brewery code of "M'' — which stands of Mills River — printed directly on bottles and the packaging of cardboard cases.

"We have decided to take this precaution to ensure the safety of our customers," Mike Bennett, chief supply chain officer, was quoted as saying. He said Sierra Nevada had not received any consumer reports of injuries, and it believed the concern could impact about 1 in every 10,000 — or .01 percent — of its bottles packaged during the five-week time period.

Aside from its Pale Ale, the Sierra Nevada recall includes 12-ounce bottles of its Beer Camp Golden IPA, Sidecar Orange Pale Ale, Torpedo Extra IPA, Tropical Torpedo, Nooner, Hop Hunter and Otra Vez.

The company has stopped distributing all affected beer and is working to have it removed from retails shelves, the statement said. Consumers were urged to check the company's website for details on the recall and not to drink any of the recalled beer, which would be fully refunded.

The recall applies to the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachussets, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, New HampshireNew Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Vermont, Wisconsin and West Virginia.

———

For more information, go to http://sierranevada.com/qualitymatters

23 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Nephew and his new bride just purchased a home in Port Royal. Got some close friends that live on Lady's Island.....beautiful area!!

Archived