Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2017 Banter Thread #1

jburns

1 hour ago, WarmNose said:

The New England forum has a thread titled "Huge damaging Nor'easter Obs" when the bulk of the region is looking at 2-4 inches of snow and the major cities are calling for plain rain. You know it's been a bad east cost winter when it has come to this 

Hey! They have to go hunt their trash cans down and have enough snow to make a foot print, however will they survive!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, JoshM said:

I think some folks on this and the other board are using the WTF model (Wishful Thinking Forecasting)

Exactly! I guess you can try to make chicken salad out of chicken Sh!t, but your still gonna be hungry! :( 

Winter cancel! Ooooh, I forgot about the apocalyptic cold coming this weekend -2 to -4 below 

normal! It's mind blowing cold

On 1/22/2017 at 8:20 PM, mackerel_sky said:

You must really hate snow!!? :(

your moving in the wrong direction!

I will have access to a cabin up near Franklin   :D   If it ever decides to snow again :(  

On 1/23/2017 at 9:50 AM, Tony Sisk said:

Nephew and his new bride just purchased a home in Port Royal. Got some close friends that live on Lady's Island.....beautiful area!!

It is beautiful :)  

19 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Awesome ! That almost certainly guarantees a severe cold snap, but not snow! :(

Timclyde 2020 , with Snowless in Carrollton for VP! The winning ticket!

While we're waiting for snow... Want to take bets on how long this version of wilkesdud lasts?

If his style was more like most others here and less arrogant he'd be more tolerable. Still, if the winter weather gets predicted on or after 2/12 he should start the thread.  My thinking is we might get something before then.  Holding him to his "mid Feb" prediction give or take a day or two.

Funny how WxSouth, WxRisk, Brad Panovich, Joe Bastardi, echo my thoughts weeks later but I'm scrutinized for calling it too early. Brad mentioned the Alaska cold and East Coast warmth, WxSouth mentions "deep Feb", WxRisk mentions "week2/3 Feb", et cetera...

I can literally go back on social media and source everything I have called for weeks ago being said today. Patience is virtue. Sheesh, please do me a favor, and clap out and repeat after me"Pat-tern Rec-o-nigh-tion".

At least I do all of this for free and ahead of time.

4 minutes ago, Timothy Clyde said:

Funny how WxSouth, WxRisk, Brad Panovich, Joe Bastardi, echo my thoughts weeks later but I'm scrutinized for calling it too early. Brad mentioned the Alaska cold and East Coast warmth, WxSouth mentions "deep Feb", WxRisk mentions "week2/3 Feb", et cetera...

I can literally go back on social media and source everything I have called for weeks ago. Patience is virtue. Sheesh, please do me a favor, and clap out and repeat after me"Pat-tern Rec-o-nigh-tion".

Don't act like such a doofus and people will probably give you more credit. I don't mean the birds and healing skies and stuff, but the sometimes condescending tone.  I think that's what gets under people's skin.  Personally, I don't care; it doesn't bother me and I don't get offended by it.  And I don't really understand why others get wound up about it.  But it's the tone strikes the nerve.  It is what it is.  Either change it or don't.  But if you choose not to, I wouldn't get too surprised at people sniping at you from time to time, even if your ideas turn out to be correct.

17 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

If his style was more like most others here and less arrogant he'd be more tolerable. Still, if the winter weather gets predicted on or after 2/12 he should start the thread.  My thinking is we might get something before then.  Holding him to his "mid Feb" prediction give or take a day or two.

Yep, good post.

1 hour ago, Timothy Clyde said:

I can literally go back on social media and source everything I have called for weeks ago being said today. Patience is virtue. Sheesh, please do me a favor, and clap out and repeat after me"Pat-tern Rec-o-nigh-tion".

I can literally go back and source all of your socks, proving your act doesn't change  :facepalm:   Go troll someplace else

49 minutes ago, SN_Lover said:

This is the "atmosphere healing" wilks right? 

Indeed <_<

48 minutes ago, JoshM said:

Yes... just like herpes, keeps coming back!

:lol:  I giggled  :ph34r:

Archived