joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, oconeexman said:

Dude nw of 85 would be golden in this set up...i promise!

Good for you, bad for me!

im south of 85! I remember the mega snowstorm in February of 13 or 14, with the insane 20" euro clown maps, a day or 2 out, and warm nose won out and I got flurries mixed with an inch of sleet! Painful

Just now, odell.moton said:

What part of sc are you in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simpsonville.

last years big storm, they got about 3-4" in Travelers rest, by like 10 AM, I was waiting on changeover to sleet and ZR, until about 1:30 pm, was very spotty and finished with a lucky snowband, and picked up 1/2 inch! Warm nose is real and sucks

I'm more concerned with cold air and this storm trending too far north than I am a complete whiff at this point.

When the GFS has a storm in the 5/6 day range, it is almost always too weak/suppressed with it.  We just need the GFS to be correct in that the shortwave does in fact kick out and move East. 

Here's to hoping the 00z Models all show that shortwave dropping down and progressing east over the weekend!

11 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

I'm more concerned with cold air and this storm trending too far north than I am a complete whiff at this point.

Thinking back on the modeling, the UKMet led the charge with bringing down the needed northern stream cold press, with all other models following.  That was always #1 for having any of these chances and it has to hold going forward.

3 minutes ago, SimeonNC said:

The 18z is just as reliable as any other GFS run, in this case the 18z is technically more reliable due to model agreement with the CMC and Euro

18z doesn't have any new balloon data. 0 and 12z does. it's basically a continuation of the 12z with new plane and surface data. 

Archived