Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NoSnowATL said:

Long time follower, first time posting. Please give me E12. I was waiting on E12 for my 1st post. Hopefully having a few more ATL ppl will bring some luck. Love the site guys. 

Thanks for joining. I think E12 includes a fantasy storm over 10 days away so I wouldn't take it too seriously. But it's fun to look at :)

1 minute ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

Thanks for joining. I think E12 includes a fantasy storm over 10 days away so I wouldn't take it too seriously. But it's fun to look at :)

That's a good point.  I haven't looked at the individual time frames yet, but yeah, that panel would include multiple events.  Would still be an epic run, though.

12 minutes ago, SN_Lover said:

For everyone that is curious about E12. The reason E12 is so high is because it goes back to the solution we had 1-2 days ago for a miller A event on the 7th. 

Image valid 12z 1/7/2017 

E12.JPG

No it's a fantasy storm at the very end of the run.

Several good hits, not just e12. The mean is very aggressive on that run. Hopefully we'll see more runs similar to that as we get closer, and with more model agreement. Based on the key point of the interaction between the two systems, it just feels like this particular system has more of an "all or nothing" possibility for much of the board. No matter what happens late week, there will be a lot of broken hearts somewhere on the board.

As for Jan 2000; I'll pass on another one. Complete heartbreak and skip job for western areas. Ranks right up there with Feb 2004, Dec 1989, and the big one in 73 or 72 (before my time :). 

13 minutes ago, Wow said:

No it's a fantasy storm at the very end of the run.

Only increases totals about 10". Most of the snow comes from the 7th storm. 

8 minutes ago, Wow said:

Common trait among ens members that put down a heavy snow storm?  Our friend out west is present.

Here's that e12 member..

That's not what ens is for. 

Archived