Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

1 minute ago, Trevor1621 said:

emoji1309.pngVB native here and that statement just made me a very happy guy haha. What do you think (I know it's early) the total here will
Be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GFS is really the only model that isnt showing half a foot there so my guess would be 6-8 inches and possibly a lot more 

1 hour ago, SnowNiner said:

You'd think at 2.5 days there'd be some GFS/EURO/Ukie/CMC consensus, but no.  Hopefully Euro goes to the Ukie.  

Oh, and lower those stinkin snow shields! It's killing me you're not in to this threat.  Raleigh seems to be sitting pretty I'm surprised you're not more excited...

If I added up all the 60 hr snow I've gotten here and compared it to 0 hr snow, you'd understand! :)

The snow has to defeat the snow shields.  Nothing I can do about it, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

If I added up all the 60 hr snow I've gotten here and compared it to 0 hr snow, you'd understand! :)

The snow has to defeat the snow shields.  Nothing I can do about it, unfortunately.

Tell me about it...how often has the most extreme modeled snow worked for us at this range...NEVER.  Especially the Euro, it's the worst at fantasy snow.  We always say if we had hugged the warmest/least snowy model we would have had our answer.  We never learn...I am hoping 1-3" across the triangle but that takes a NW shift of the GFS.   Not that confident of that just yet.

3 hours ago, Suncat said:

Well, folks in the Triangle area have been officially snow jinxed.  Coming back from Chapel Hill to Raleigh on US 40, there were signs out warning of slow-moving trucks putting salt down on the roads.  This is a sure sign that we will likely have <1.0" of snow accumulation.  :rolleyes:

Brine, they are brining all the roads in the triangle today.  They did this when I lived in Northern VA too for the tiniest snowfall they would brine everything

Nice thing is when it drives it looks like a dusting of snowfall so you can use your imagination :lol:

19 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

They're fun to see.

i agree they get much talk going and are "fun" but they are not science and they are attempting to do the impossible......even in an area predicted to get 6 to 8 inches there will be less than 6 and more than 8 in that area........

Damn, DC will find a way to get a foot out of this storm.  I know that for a fact, and I take solace in that.      End up being a rain/snow mix for most of everyone east or south of i85, and a little snow north and west of there, and then nova and DC get crushed.  Book it.    

Reverse psychology here folks...  It doesn't usually work, but when it does, I feel good about it.