joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

1 hour ago, packbacker said:

What model is this...LOL.  Latest run. 

IMG_3888.GIF

It's German.  Good improvement on the latest run there!  I love the precip maximum in the mountains, including Boone. Very typical!  The mountain folks (some) whine about it not being their storm, and such, and yet will probably outperform the western Piedmont, per usual! :lol: 

In fairness, I have seen over the past six years banter-like comments in the disco thread that added nothing to our understanding, but they were left intact. Then you'll get a pertinent question or comment from someone and the reaction is almost "STFU, dude! Just decipher the vague tea leaves in the event thread!"

13 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

People take it personal when people like Burns and Michelle try and clean up that disco thread but we just dont need that garbage in there for a reason. 

Totally agree, I've seen it happen many times.  It make me LOL, when all the regular members flock to Banter to escape.  

So I guess only certain people are allowed  to post in the main thread. All I did was quote Buckeye's post about the GSP statement and how I don't consider it very encouraging looking at the recent model trends and it gets deleted. This place is like a high school clique. 

8 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

In fairness, I have seen over the past six years banter-like comments in the disco thread that added nothing to our understanding, but they were left intact. Then you'll get a pertinent question or comment from someone and the reaction is almost "STFU, dude! Just decipher the vague tea leaves in the event thread!"

Let me just say that those posts that remain are like roaches....for every one you see, 5(at least) are hiding.  If anyone has anything else to say take it to PM. 

Carry on  :snowing:

Just now, FLO said:

So I guess only certain people are allowed  to post in the main thread. All I did was quote Buckeye's post about the GSP statement and how I don't consider it very encouraging looking at the recent model trends and it gets deleted. This place is like a high school clique. 

You did nothing but whine as usual. Your next snarky comment will find you once again on the outside looking in. 

9 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

^ Lol.  QC, yeah, I have a feeling that folks in my area are going to have to pick up a few German words over the next couple of days.  Sorry, Brick. :( 

I agree. Have a gut feeling this thing will end up trending warmer for the Triangle as we get closer and we end up with a sloppy mix. Happens 99.9% of the time. Can't remember the last major storm where RDU didn't have mixing issues.

1 hour ago, superjames1992 said:

It's German.  Good improvement on the latest run there!  I love the precip maximum in the mountains, including Boone. Very typical!  The mountain folks (some) whine about it not being their storm, and such, and yet will probably outperform the western Piedmont, per usual! :lol: 

Precip max on that map is from Charlotte to the eastern foothills...not the mountains.