• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wxRob_Coleman
    Newest Member
    wxRob_Coleman

Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

I'm still gonna sit on this thread for a few more days. Yea the cold and stormy signal is there, but it's just as far away as it's ever been, so I'm not gonna budge on excitement until its inside 6 days.

It's kind of funny to read the comments in the long range discussion wondering  where all the 10 day plus cold air and moisture went. The answer is simple and the same every time. They returned to the faulty algorithms that spawned them.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Since they “fixed” it :lol: 

Wonder how long its gonna take to fix the convection issues that has been plaguing since November?

12 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

Yeah, kinda my point. Not the best at long range cold projection. Good to see you kiddo.

:wub:  It’s great to see you too

4 minutes ago, FLweather said:

Wonder how long its gonna take to fix the convection issues that has been plaguing since November?

Only since November? :lol: :hug: 

• Haha 1

I know I have been taking some heat for saying RDU may zero out this year, but there have been plenty of winters where they have only come in with a Trace.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eyewall said:

I know I have been taking some heat for saying RDU may zero out this year, but there have been plenty of winters where they have only come in with a Trace.

i think your prediction has a good chance at coming to fruition, this pattern "change" is nothing more than a 3 day colder than average spel

• Like 2

been around several years and i still cant understand why each model run is accepted as the gospel? they have almost no consistency and each run while being accepted as gospel proves to be wrong.......

26 minutes ago, BillT said:

been around several years and i still cant understand why each model run is accepted as the gospel? they have almost no consistency and each run while being accepted as gospel proves to be wrong.......

Not only that but to get worked up over the GFS in fantasy land is a recipe for major disappointment. Every winter same folks same stuff.  

2 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

Yeah, but they would usually back up their thoughts with a brief explanation of their thinking and not a simple “we ain’t getting jack squat” and then leaving.

Trying to infer something?

7 hours ago, yotaman said:

Had to mow my backyard today. Thanks winter. Thought I could have  at least 3 to 4 months off from that!

I'm 72 years old(don't say a damn thing) and 10 years ago I had never mowed my yard in November, December, January or February.  Now January is the only non-mowing month I have left. I will not mow in January no matter what.

In other news I have daffodils six inches tall with visible buds. A few more warm days and they will bloom.

1 minute ago, jburns said:

I'm 72 years old(don't say a damn thing) and 10 years ago I had never mowed my yard in November, December, January or February.  Now January is the only non-mowing month I have left. I will not mow in January no matter what.

In other news I have daffodils six inches tall with visible buds. A few more warm days and they will bloom.

I hear you. I think I still have yet to mow Dec, Jan, Feb, mostly because I refuse to, and also b/c I don't have a true lawn and can get away with it. So many trees keep me from having to mow a ton anyway. We didn't have peak leaf season this year until nearly Thanksgiving, by far the latest I've ever seen. If this keeps up our trees won't have to drop leaves anymore and (while tragic) at least we'll get out of raking! 

1 minute ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

I hear you. I think I still have yet to mow Dec, Jan, Feb, mostly because I refuse to, and also b/c I don't have a true lawn and can get away with it. So many trees keep me from having to mow a ton anyway. We didn't have peak leaf season this year until nearly Thanksgiving, by far the latest I've ever seen. If this keeps up our trees won't have to drop leaves anymore and (while tragic) at least we'll get out of raking! 

I stopped raking years ago. A mulching attachment on my Deere. Just mow as normal and presto, a clean yard.  In fact I mulch 100% of the time now. I don't get those irritating rows of grass cuttings when I wait a bit to long to mow.

I don't do much myself given my lawn situation; just a little right up around the house. I used to just chop them with my mower but I've been pushing the last few years after my rider pooped out on me. My little boy loves to rake leaves (God Bless him!) so I'll take advantage of that while I can. :D