• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jonathan

Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

1 hour ago, Cold Rain said:

Always can count on the model showing the least snow for Raleigh being correct.  Synoptics don’t matter.  Seasonality doesn’t matter.  Consensus doesn’t matter.  Pattern doesn’t matter.  If there is a model showing no snow here, count on it!

Yet Raleigh still gets more than the upstate :(

50 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

I'd give up snow forever, to watch Clemson lose! Wait, already gave up snow! :(

I might just throw a party to celebrate this one! Been a great game so far, need to finish em off!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

I might just throw a party to celebrate this one! Been a great game so far, need to finish em off!

Are you a bama fan or SC fan?

Goodness almighty---Clemson got manhandled tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

GSP says if there's any precip Wednesday, it would be rain changing to snow!!! We can't damn win! :(

I need a snow machine tonight, 8 degrees

8 hours ago, Queencitywx said:

If I haven’t learned anything in 17 years on this board, the people who whine the most will get the best snows.

This! The mid Atlantic is great at this.

• Like 1

Just great...finally get some precip heading our way and it's to warm for snow.  Atleast by end of Jan winter will be over...set your watch to a warm Nina Feb.

KRAH_2018010200_forecast_EPS_precip_360.

1 minute ago, No snow for you said:

I'm waiting on Dr. No to run. 

If Euro finally shows a move west, it's game over for the globals.

• Confused 1

if you want snow just have me move away from your town. used to live in charleston, now theyre getting 2-4". moved from raleigh, now they will see some snow.  meanwhile charlotte is bone dry.  

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Disco-lemonade said:

servers are starting to struggle must be from the party theyre having up in the north east forum :(

I thought it was just me and my connection. I guess in about an hour or so, we can expect another board crash. 

i asked last night what was that dropping through montana south into wyoming and was told a non thing not part of this weeks system, but is sure appears to me it is something and could be the main player in fact? seems to be an upper level low in far western kansas now.

Banking on impressive ratios usually leads to disappointment.  It sure doesn't look like our normal slop for most, but I wouldn't bank on much better than 10:1.  Something always seems to go wrong to hamper ratios in the South, even in cold storms.

2 hours ago, Disco-lemonade said:

servers are starting to struggle must be from the party theyre having up in the north east forum :(

At noon watching TWC , Karl Parker showed their snow map and it had NYC and LI in the 1-3" range and said it was trending East! Lol

Them NY weenies on here are talking 12" +! 

22 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Feel like I am watching a Wolfpack game...down 20 at half, make a furious rally to get within a bucket and ....

I hope you guys get in on the game as long as its from precip expansion and not low shifting too much to the left. Us eastern guys got shafted in December and need some redemption.