Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

5 minutes ago, BlueRidgeFolklore said:

Very unwise, especially considering it's already been snowing in those areas. It's already getting slick and you haven't even decided if you're leaving yet.

Good call. I have a 2WD Explorer. Snow/skiing isn't worth life and limb. Maybe we'll end up on the right side of things in terms of precip types for once, but I'm not counting on it.

Where are you located? Your point/click location is showing in WV.

2 minutes ago, SnowDeac said:

Good call. I have a 2WD Explorer. Snow/skiing isn't worth life and limb. Maybe we'll end up on the right side of things in terms of precip types for once, but I'm not counting on it.

Dutch Cove is just south of Canton, NC, in Haywood County.

21 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

Fear the northwest trend. 

And I love how the mountain folks have just been sitting back watching us watch all the models knowing the entire time they were going to cash in big time. 

Honestly I was nervous on this one with it being a late bloomer. We still could be smoking cirrus when all is said and done.

RDU being mostly sleet this storm while being miles from the heaviest snow is going to burn me worse than any storm has before. Probably because up until yesterday, there has been no warm nose projected for Wake County. Sneaky little bastard. I live in North Hills so I'm sure I'll be able to drive a mile NW to see heavy snow totals while my house is pingers.

1 minute ago, PDUBRDU said:

RDU being mostly sleet this storm while being miles from the heaviest snow is going to burn me worst than any storm has before. Probably because up until yesterday, there has been no warm nose projected for Wake County. Sneaky little bastard. I live in North Hills so I'm sure I'll be able to drive a mile NW to see heavy snow totals while my house is pingers.

Made that drive many times. :(

If this storm wound up more, I wonder if it would crash the 850s sooner?  Or should we root for it to be weaker?

1 hour ago, No snow for you said:

Fear the northwest trend. 

And I love how the mountain folks have just been sitting back watching us watch all the models knowing the entire time they were going to cash in big time. 

Lol this made me laugh! Man I do love living in the mountains. I know it's a touchy subject with most about the NW trend. I had a few try to get into an argument with me yesterday and I just dropped it because I know it stings when things look like crap getting close to lift off. I do hope a lot of people can get a decent / great snow.

1 hour ago, SnowDeac said:

Yeah do not come to the moutains with 2wd. Just too dangerous and everything is going to stick at once here. Current temps are in the mid to low 20s .

I'm not going to lie, I'm expecting at least 6" now.    A couple days ago I would've been delighted if you told me I would get 2-4"... now I can already tell I'm going to be disappointed if this thing doesn't turn into a top 10 storm for my lifetime.  I've also never seen a foot snowfall here in Kernersville... I've seen Winston, Greensboro, 20 miles N and 20 miles S all get foot snowfalls.... .I don't think this is going to be the one, but the fact that I've let the thought slip into my mind means this should be a good storm.