Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

4 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

It is 43 here and now I read the 925's are too warm. All I will say to that is "nailed it". Never trust the models where the cold has to come over the mountains. 

If we had the cold air in place and a damming high up in PA or NY we would be getting buried in snow or sleet tonight and the midlands of SC would probably get a major icestorm. If this system was just 6-10 hours slower, we would all probably do much better. That's how areas in NE NC will get their snow tomorrow when the cold air pours in, but the moisture will be gone by then west of I-77.

3 minutes ago, gwlee7 said:

Ditto:  Even with the same number of posts :)

=D

I haven't followed a TON of storms here so what I'm about to say may be gibberish, but it feels like there are more areas in play for this event than usual, so there is a wider range of IMBY requests from town names I don't recognize many states away. :)

3 minutes ago, thess said:

=D

I haven't followed a TON of storms here so what I'm about to say may be gibberish, but it feels like there are more areas in play for this event than usual, so there is a wider range of IMBY requests from town names I don't recognize many states away. :)

Yep.  And, I remember you from last year's Feb dud.  We could have used an Arkham on this board last year for that cluster for sure. 

3 minutes ago, gwlee7 said:

Yep.  And, I remember you from last year's Feb dud.  We could have used an Arkham on this board last year for that cluster for sure. 

Haha, I don't remember that one, must have blanked it out of my memory. But I do have a document I keep for the holidays, for random info from one year to the next (like grocery store hours, what dishes I cooked for Thanksgiving that people ate/didn't eat, shopping lists, etc). When I opened it this year I read at the very top:

"STOP FOLLOWING SNOWSTORMS IT JUST MAKES YOU SAD".

I don't remember typing that but maybe it was because of this Feb thing you mention. :)

2 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

I'm here...just hoping to see a burst of heavy snow in the daytime.

We better hope that overrunning over performs as come about 11pm or so we will flip to sleet (i hope not rain) and then we probably won't flip back until late morning when hopefully we can get another 0.15-.2" QPF.  Reminds me so much of last Januarys event, we thought mix of snow/sleet and it ended up being all sleet.  Bummer...but there are worse problems to have.

We sure have had some tight gradients the past few years...I guess it's better then not having any gradients.  Looking forward to the warmth come mid next week, we should torch for a couple of weeks and possibly longer.

8 minutes ago, packbacker said:

We better hope that overrunning over performs as come about 11pm or so we will flip to sleet (i hope not rain) and then we probably won't flip back until late morning when hopefully we can get another 0.15-.2" QPF.  Reminds me so much of last Januarys event, we thought mix of snow/sleet and it ended up being all sleet.  Bummer...but there are worse problems to have.

We sure have had some tight gradients the past few years...I guess it's better then not having any gradients.  Looking forward to the warmth come mid next week, we should torch for a couple of weeks and possibly longer.

Yeah, you should be fine with more snow and less chance of rain than me.  HRRR brings rain to the neighborhood right next to me.

Looks like this will be another "north of 85 gets more snow" storm for the Upstate. I'm a mile from downtown Greenville in SC. WYFF is saying 2-5+. I'll take 3" that hangs around in the cold for a little bit and be happy for the winter. 

Just now, thess said:

Random time-killing question, do a lot/many of you guys have home weather stations? I always wonder when people are reporting obvs. 

have one here in empire alabama.....34.3 and dew point of 25.1...most important is the rising barometer stopped at 29.90 and dropped quickly to 29.84.......

1 minute ago, No snow for you said:

you prepared for your sleet storm? I went to costco last night and stocked up. They had beef tenderloins on sale and I couldn't pass it up. At least I will eat well in my cold rain/sleet storm. 

Yeah man.  I have the screens in the windows so I can open them up and listen to it fall without any of it coming in on me!

2 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

I know I shouldn't complain, but I'm on pins and needles for MBY. The short range models have me right on the boarder of the transition. 5 to 10 mile shifts mean very different totals. But if this ends up a sleet fest I'll still enjoy it.

Prepare for sleet!!  I wish this thing would pull a surprise or two...in the right direction.