• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

I'm sitting here on my beachfront hotel balcony in San Juan listening to the waves and refreshing model runs for a storm which I won't experience affecting a locale (NC) in which I no longer live (granted, my parents do and I go back somewhat often).  I'm not sure what this says about me! :yikes:

Meanwhile, I'm becoming more and more jealous, wishing I was there, as modeling trends look better and better for GSO.

2 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

I'm sitting here on my beachfront hotel balcony in San Juan listening to the waves and refreshing model runs for a storm which I won't experience affecting a locale (NC) in which I no longer live (granted, my parents do and I go bs m somewhat often).  I'm not sure what this says about me! :yikes:

Meanwhile, I'm becoming more and more jealous, wishing I was there, as modeling trends look better and better for GSO.

GSO is going to be digitally sleeting heavily by 18z tomorrow.

1 minute ago, superjames1992 said:

LOL, you guys might need to head up to the farm in the Shenandoah Valley to hit the jackpot. :yikes: (the one you guys went to for Snowquester in March 2013)

Oh gosh...don't remind me of that...maybe that's how I get the NAM stop shifting N...book a trip to NoVA!

2 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

if the sref plumes gave rdu 15"+ (which it did in the 2015 storm) i'd throw it out, not concerned at all with that. gfs ens members are all hits, euro is a hit, euro ens are hits, rgem is a hit.  really we are in a good spot.  

Completely agree, BUT I would feel a lot better if the NAM ceased with the warm west routine.

Just now, Cold Rain said:

Haha awesome.  Just remember, we got this one all the way to 30 hours.  We were close.

I guess verbatim we are a lot of sleet then temps do finally crash hard and we flip to snow.  But goodness...it has solids snows into Indiana and WV...several inches.

2 minutes ago, packbacker said:

I guess verbatim we are a lot of sleet then temps do finally crash hard and we flip to snow.  But goodness...it has solids snows into Indiana and WV...several inches.

this is either going to be the coup of the century for the nam or we will be laughing 24hrs from now at how nervous it made us...i hope the latter.

1 minute ago, DopplerWx said:

this is either going to be the coup of the century for the nam or we will be laughing 24hrs from now at how nervous it made us...i hope the latter.

I don't think there was a single ensemble member that showed this on the GEFS or EPS today...70 members.sn10_acc.us_ma.png

4 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Is it more amped than 18z?

I'm guessing now that mid Atlantic is in play, we'll start seeing board crashes.

2 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Is it more amped than 18z?

I'm guessing now that mid Atlantic is in play, we'll start seeing board crashes.

Looks the same but much more QPF.  Verbatim it has 1" QPF of sleet so 3" of sleet with 0.25" of snow.  So that would be 5" of sleet/snow, if NAM is correct.  Reminds me of Jan 2010.

Just now, Cold Rain said:

When does the RGEM come out?

30 mins...I do think the NAM is probably a hair to far NW but don't think it's that overdone.  It does do fairly good job on temp profiles so that's what's most concerning.   I would take the RGEM over the NAM any day but you can't ignore it.