Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

4 minutes ago, NC_hailstorm said:

Euro missed the cold air press last week,finally caught on.Then it missed the shortwave separation for days till getting a clue.Now it could be missing the partial phase here at the end.It's srill the best model and will be right most of the time but not every time.

Carry on.

I agree, it was late to the ballgame on every aspect of this storm.  I expect it to ramp up totals to the west (I hope!) Raleigh guys, I'm telling you you're good anyway you pack it.  Should be feeling good right now. 

ok, serious question.  since this is a gulf low, is there any chance that Saturday we will be moaning about thunderstorms in the gulf robbing moisture and creating a dryslot for someone who would have otherwise got good moisture?

I asked this in the main thread the other day (i thought it was a valid question) but i think it might have been considered trolling or something.  Probably best to leave the storm thread for mets anyway to not clutter it up even with questions. 

But it just seems so many times like this when we have a gulf low and  we feel confident we are going to get a good thumping (maybe not necessarily my backyard, but somebody in N. GA) and then all of a sudden there is a dryslot and i hear that the moisture was robbed by thunderstorms in the gulf.  I have not heard anyone discussing this and just wondered if the this is NOT something to worry about with this storm. 

5 minutes ago, NGTim said:

ok, serious question.  since this is a gulf low, is there any chance that Saturday we will be moaning about thunderstorms in the gulf robbing moisture and creating a dryslot for someone who would have otherwise got good moisture?

I asked this in the main thread the other day (i thought it was a valid question) but i think it might have been considered trolling or something.  Probably best to leave the storm thread for mets anyway to not clutter it up even with questions. 

But it just seems so many times like this when we have a gulf low and  we feel confident we are going to get a good thumping (maybe not necessarily my backyard, but somebody in N. GA) and then all of a sudden there is a dryslot and i hear that the moisture was robbed by thunderstorms in the gulf.  I have not heard anyone discussing this and just wondered if the this is NOT something to worry about with this storm. 

That is always a concern with a Miller A. Temps first IMHO and then moisture second. There are times that thunderstorms can aide in moisture from the GOM but that seems to be rare these days. 

13 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

I don't envy the mets at the Peachtree City NWS office right now.  They must be flustered.

i think the new "at least this much, most likely, and potential for this much" winter products are going to help them out as they don't have to put out just one number and then get grilled on it, for a situation that is going to be very variable over such a large area. 

40 minutes ago, NGTim said:

i think the new "at least this much, most likely, and potential for this much" winter products are going to help them out as they don't have to put out just one number and then get grilled on it, for a situation that is going to be very variable over such a large area. 

I agree.  It does give them a lot more needed wiggle room without becoming overly vague.

Edit: I meant does instead of doesn't.

8 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

I agree.  It doesn't give them a lot more needed wiggle room without becoming overly vague.

yes. and they are fun as heck to look at as well.  it really is unfair that they are expected to tell to the inch how much it is going to snow and exactly where, and that is just not possible in GA where so many things can go wrong, as opposed to other areas that don't have two oceans, and and nearby mountains to deal with.  So in addition to the wiggle room, it also provides us the public with more info.  Its a brilliant win-win in my mind.  They ask for feedback since its experimental, and I've already given it high grades.  I am curious to watch it in it first debut storm.