Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

11 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

radar matches hrrr really well, doubt we see snow tonight, maybe token flakes tomorrow morning before precip ends. my god what a kick in the nuts this storm was.

What a mess..HRRR has us rain until 11pm and then dances with snow/sleet line in Wake.  Think we see 2-3" snow/sleet but ramps up quickly just to our NW.  

IMG_3892.PNG

IMG_3893.PNG

1 hour ago, jburns said:

I've been quietly sitting here all week deleting posts and waiting for the predicted heavy snow to move NW to its usual location and give me my stationary chase. Well what do you know,  It happened again.:)  I'm guessing I will get 10" which is my benchmark for a good storm. I grew up in NW NJ and went to school in Boone so I haven't adopted the, "if the ground is covered its a major storm" mantra of the non mountain SE.  Doubt I ever will at this point. In any case, except for this once again falling at night making it harder to fully appreciate it should be fun. 

Also, when I post some obs later don't look for words like pounding, hammering, ripping or blasting.  Intermittent, light, medium and heavy is as far as I go. :snowman:

:clap:

Good read all around, burns.  Thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, packbacker said:

RGEM was roughly the same, lot of sleet maybe backend snow.  If you believe it we don't snow until tomorrow lat morning.  Every 6 hours this gets worse.  Pingers all night....well I guess we could rain too. 

Thanks man.  We're getting our rain out of the way early, apparently.

4 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Don't worry, they'll knock that down drastically by 11.

Yep...no way we get 6, maybe 2-4" would cover most.   That may be high...we are raining a lot right now. RAH threw in the towel, Ben mentioned freezing rain for our area.  Oh well. 

26 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Yep...no way we get 6, maybe 2-4" would cover most.   That may be high...we are raining a lot right now. RAH threw in the towel, Ben mentioned freezing rain for our area.  Oh well. 

These heavy rates are overcoming the moderate rates we had earlier.  This could be the worst winter storm I've ever had.

GSP about to give up too in the majority of the upstate. Just like I figured all the way back to last night, this will not work out. They still think the I-85 corridor will be ok, but I have my doubt about that too. Maybe in Feb here, because I am 100% certain the rest of this month is done. I'd like to see 80 degree temps come back if we can't get snow.

As irritated as I am with this damn cold rain in Wake County I am happy for the posters in Atlanta, NW GA and NW SC.  They always seem to get left out of the fun so I'm glad they are finally getting some snow.  That being said, posters in the Triad need to stop being so dang greedy with their snow!  Heck, I'd be thrilled with a sleet pellet right now!

5 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

As irritated as I am with this damn cold rain in Wake County I am happy for the posters in Atlanta, NW GA and NW SC.  They always seem to get left out of the fun so I'm glad they are finally getting some snow.  That being said, posters in the Triad need to stop being so dang greedy with their snow!  Heck, I'd be thrilled with a sleet pellet right now!

Atlanta is not really getting snow though. I certainly am not. So frustrating. Every year a storm teases me to get 3+ inches and I end up with mostly rain/ice/sleet with snow on the back edge that just barely covers the yard and that's it. Even during the 2014 Atlanta snowjam, my area was no more than an inch of snow/sleet and ice. I guess this is nature's way of getting back at me for having 3 stellar winters in a row(2009-2011). It's trying to make this entire decade a dud for my area.

1 minute ago, LovingGulfLows said:

Atlanta is not really getting snow though. I certainly am not. So frustrating. Every year a storm teases me to get 3+ inches and I end up with mostly rain/ice/sleet with snow on the back edge that just barely covers the yard and that's it. Even during the 2014 Atlanta snowjam, my area was no more than an inch of snow/sleet and ice. I guess this is nature's way of getting back at me for having 3 stellar winters in a row(2009-2011). It's trying to make this entire decade a dud for my area.

Well that stinks.  I was hoping everyone in the Atlanta metro was getting some wintry precip.