Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

12 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Last year we got a little dusting on our deck.  My daughter (1 and a half at the time) had enormous fun building a little snowman and everything.  She has been asking for more snow ever since.  I have been looking forward all week to waking her up on Saturday morning with a white covering and seeing the look on her face.  Man, I am actually embarrassed to be as upset as I am, but I cannot help it.

You should take a weekend trip to the mountains with her.

1 minute ago, cbmclean said:

My wife's sister live in Graham.  I thought about suggesting we take a trip over there tomorrow but the roads might not be safe.

Yeah that is true.

Kind of sucks that I lost so much sleep watching this system via models over the last few days and get nothing for it, but a ton of cold rain.

Just now, EastNCHeel said:

Gotta love Eastern NC "snow" storms.  In case anyone needs really cold rain drops I've got a 5 gallon bucket full sliding off of my roof right now.  **Disclaimer** It may have bits of shingle in it.

I feel ya man.  Yesterday things looked so good for us.

Just now, WeatherNC said:

OK, I am panicking, flipped to sleet and that line is booking north.   Should have listed to Fraz and hit up the 85 corridor.  Sleet is nothing more than a winter weather sideshow.

seems to have stalled now, big chunk of precip otw so im hoping it sags south again. hrrr shows it but who knows.  

This is just ridiculous.  I was prepared for some sleet with some snow on the back end, but for this to end up with mostly freezing rain and sleet...so disappointing.  That HRRR that people this morning were saying had a massive warm bias ended up being too cold here.  Along with most everything else.  Sigh.

1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

Storm on the GFS for the 19th! Looks like money!! Great track, temps are marginal, but don't sweat the details at this point!! Start the thread

"Temps won't be a problem with this storm for a change. Trust me."

remember when everyone was harping that little tune 3 or 4 days ago? lol