Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

10 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

As irritated as I am with this damn cold rain in Wake County I am happy for the posters in Atlanta, NW GA and NW SC.  They always seem to get left out of the fun so I'm glad they are finally getting some snow.  That being said, posters in the Triad need to stop being so dang greedy with their snow!  Heck, I'd be thrilled with a sleet pellet right now!

It RAIN in northwest SC though and NOT snow. Not snow in Atlanta either.

Just now, mackerel_sky said:

Wrong! Hammering Pickens and Oconee, as per usual

At least you have had a little sleet twice this winter. Not so over here. We got completely shut out in 2012 and that may be going to happen again this winter. I'm ready for severe storms and heavy rain now. Maybe Feb and March will be like they were in 1990. 

28 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

HAHA at least we have precipitation.  We always knew this was going to be warm snow.  Do you think we keep ZR out of Wake Co.?  Seriously asking.

I don't think we will have to worry about that.  The good news I think we will either be snow or rain and from the looks of things it seems like the latter.  The only models showing rain was the 4km NAM and its not pretty.

Maybe some freezing drizzle tomorrow afternoon.  Some more good news we won't be holed up in our houses this weekend, roads will be fine.

Our climo has changed, we just can't get snow.  

4 minutes ago, packbacker said:

I don't think we will have to worry about that.  The good news I think we will either be snow or rain and from the looks of things it seems like the latter.  The only models showing rain was the 4km NAM and its not pretty.

Maybe some freezing drizzle tomorrow afternoon.  Some more good news we won't be holed up in our houses this weekend, roads will be fine.

Our climo has changed, we just can't get snow.  

Good deal.  As long as we have power, we're good.  The 12K NAM looked pretty good.  We do rain a lot, though....although more and more reports of sleet are starting to creep into Wake.  Still all rain here.  You have any IP yet mixing in?

2 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Good deal.  As long as we have power, we're good.  The 12K NAM looked pretty good.  We do rain a lot, though....although more and more reports of sleet are starting to creep into Wake.  Still all rain here.  You have any IP yet mixing in?

Nope, pouring rain and I am in the middle of the pink on radar.  We will rain for several hours now.  

If GSO surpassses 9" I'm going to be kind of sad.  I haven't seen a snow that big since 2002 (when I was really too young to appreciate it), and then I move away and the first year I'm away they get the Big One, and in a winter that was expected to be lousy, to boot. :lol:  Meanwhile, I live in a place where half the people I meet haven't even experienced accumulating snowfall before. :yikes:

I need to move to Boston to make up for this! B)

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for my Triad peeps, though. :)