joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. if you want to be crazy and parce details D.C. Southeast flirts with sleet for a while before going back to snow but this is almost a perfect run. Ideal track. The system is energetic but forced due east under the high and confluence at the perfect latitude. This h5 track is pretty classic. But listen to Randy. It's too soon to be celebrating anything. Plus it's one run. We want to see some support and consistency but this was a great run taken by itself. 

IMG_0094.PNG

that is beautiful. i wish we could lock it up and throw away the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Question for all the weenies out there. How do we get that thing to slow down and sit off the coast?

If the h5 low cuts off under the developing ridging. Para gfs did that at 12z and the system hung around for 5 days. A lot of snow then rain then back to snow. An lol solution.  This run is pretty good I'd stick an go home with my winnings. 

If the h5 low cuts off under the developing ridging. Para gfs did that at 12z and the system hung around for 5 days. A lot of snow then rain then back to snow. An lol solution.  This run is pretty good I'd stick an go home with my winnings. 

Let's lock this baby up and call it a winter

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Told ya he could explain it, LOL. (See my prev post)

...and Highzenberg is back...My internet is down I can only access certain websites its so weird, I can't access the model sites, but based on some of the maps I've seen on here. Perfect 500mb. Classic Mid-Atlantic Neutral/slightly neg tilt trough. IF the EURO steps towards this then I'll start to get excited. 

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

That 'a boy.   So would I.  

Just now, supernovasky said:

I would give anything to lock this in right now.

Well, you can't, so best keep expectations reasonable.

For me, it's a good sign that the overall heights are very consistent with the last run.  We aren't talking about a ton of pieces here.  Just one.

2 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Can't tell how it looks, but CMC has a few inches.

From the se forum description, it's h5 look is that of the 18z gfs.  The energy is weaker and doesn't dig as much, or so it sounded. The Canadian is often too far south, IMO.

Archived