• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid-Long Range Discussion 2016-2017

Cary_Snow95

GEFS looks pretty good...but the supposedly #2 best ensemble is the CMC.  It's warmer in the SE as it keeps the SER stronger and doesn't have the -NAO.  Let's see who wins...

Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 1.10.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 1.10.18 PM.png

the Canadian ensensembles also were hell bent on a GOA trough and were last to Alaska ridge idea .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No real storms showing up. Supposedly no one looks past day 5 on an op run, but when it showed back to back storms last night, everybody was giddy! So yeah, the ensembles and blocking and etc, look decent, guess my comment was in regards to specific storms.

who said no one looks past day 5? hell I even said I still look. but looking at the surface to try and get an idea of where things are going is silly. what happens at the surface is DIRECT result of what is happening at H5. the gfs spits out surface ideas all the time that don't match the look at H5

7 minutes ago, bhamwx205 said:

who said no one looks past day 5? hell I even said I still look. but looking at the surface to try and get an idea of where things are going is silly. what happens at the surface is DIRECT result of what is happening at H5. the gfs spits out surface ideas all the time that don't match the look at H5

+1

4 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Things just got real! When SJ shows up!!

Where I live now, a single flake would put me above climo. :(

I am am interested in how my analysis will change this year.  Will I be more objective because I no longer have skin in the game, or will I become a bittercaster? :lol:

Anyways, in all seriousness it does look like there is at least some potential in the ~10 day timeframe.

7 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

Where I live now, a single flake would put me above climo. :(

I am am interested in how my analysis will change this year.  Will I be more objective because I no longer have skin in the game, or will I become a bittercaster? :lol:

Anyways, in all seriousness it does look like there is at least some potential in the ~10 day timeframe.

At least you're in the hurricane sweet spot. 

12 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Lol the pattern has gotten to some people. The Euro is dang impressive for the cold centered in the upper Midwest.

And that is where it will stay. Some cold maybe into the lower Mississippi valley and to the Ohio river, but not down in AL, GA, NC, or SC. We have to wait until Feb here.

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

There a front in there.  So hr 252 would look better.  Just sayin

It *should* look better.  But I guess my question is how do we know that cold at D10 is not grossly overdone like it usually is at D10?  What's going to make it so this particular D10+ cold pattern makes it into the SE, instead of devolving into the meh-ness of its predecessors so far this winter?

Archived