Newest Member
    joxey
Mid-Long Range Discussion 2016-2017

Cary_Snow95

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, packbacker said:

Yep, agree.  We may be wishing for some 60's if the ensembles are correct for day 10-15.  Curious to see how well these day 11-12 temps verify.

IMG_3630.PNG

IMG_3631.PNG

So, can we go ahead and throw this euro out? (sarcasm) One negative that i find with the Euro is it doesn't show the SER being around at all, which I do not think is a possibility. I guess it's possible it could weaken but the SER has killed us for a couple of winters now and I don't think it will stop. If the SER is anywhere near as strong as it was being shown the past few days, I think we would be lucky if the cold made it over the mountains.

Day 9-10 EC tracks a Gulf low off the Carolina coast, but temps are too warm verbatim on the model. 

That's a monster of a system. Verbatim IP in northern counties. Wouldn't take much to trend colder. That would be a heck of a system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

So, can we go ahead and throw this euro out? (sarcasm) One negative that i find with the Euro is it doesn't show the SER being around at all, which I do not think is a possibility. I guess it's possible it could weaken but the SER has killed us for a couple of winters now and I don't think it will stop. If the SER is anywhere near as strong as it was being shown the past few days, I think we would be lucky if the cold made it over the mountains.

If we didn't have blocking over the top with PV lobe dropping into HB we would have a SER.  This will back off some time and we will see a return of the SER.  

Edit:  that's assuming this modeled pattern pans out, don't want to spike the football on day 10+ patterns. 

36 minutes ago, Jon said:

That's a monster of a system. Verbatim IP in northern counties. Wouldn't take much to trend colder. That would be a heck of a system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anything, I think that second shortwave back around Texas/Arkansas would be more promising in that sort of pattern. Maybe it'd be a bit too north verbatim, but that first system shown would be well-positioned as a nice big 50/50 low, which would fix the cold air issue provided we get a good track. Really, I'm just happy to see the potential for snow now, regardless of whether it actually materializes.

14 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Fairly obvious but it's going to be a two week warm up for potential return to cold.  Let's hope this cold pattern locks in a little longer this time, hopefully a good 10 days. 

IMG_3633.PNG

Looks like about 25-30% of the NH is below normal, 60-65% is above normal, and 5-10% is normal.

Gotcha.  I don't look much at the surface beyond 200 hours.

Looking at the surface post day 3 is crazy in my opinion. sure we all like to see fun fantasy storms . H5 is all that matters at this point and the 12z gfs didn't dissapoint

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Archived