Total Members
    Most Online
    hieu16005
    Newest Member
    hieu16005
burrel2

Friday Night/Saturday Morning Freezing Rain Threat

22 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Some light returns are starting to show up on the Columbia, SC radar. Looks like they might be reaching the ground as you can see the returns right next to the radar site where the beam is close to the ground.

I see that. Could start getting interesting soon.

4 hours ago, burrel2 said:

That's one of the worst forecasts I've ever seen.

1. The mountains will go above freezing before the upstate.

2. I'll never analyze another weather model again if the upstate is in the 50's tomorrow afternoon.

Be careful. They have 47 way up here in Greensboro tomorrow. 47 is also forecast to be the low tomorrow night before a 62 on Sunday. This will be a strong push of warm air with the wind speeds to get the job done quickly.  What will your next hobby be? :)

20 minutes ago, jburns said:

Be careful. They have 47 way up here in Greensboro tomorrow. 47 is also forecast to be the low tomorrow night before a 62 on Sunday. This will be a strong push of warm air with the wind speeds to get the job done quickly.  What will your next hobby be? :)

47 at midnight tomorrow?? maybe...

47 tomorrow "afternoon"... no way.

1 minute ago, mackerel_sky said:

Somebody on the other forum said reports of flurries in CLT? Radar possibly supports this, but not sure about temp profiles!?

Brad P posted a vid someone shot.

Matthews, NC just south of CLT.

1 minute ago, mackerel_sky said:

Somebody on the other forum said reports of flurries in CLT? Radar possibly supports this, but not sure about temp profiles!?

Nothing here in Fort Mill. 

Visiting home in north Chapel Hill - looked like maybe a few snow flakes mixed in with freezing drizzle just now! 32 but I assume we will wetbulb down as DP is 1 

4 minutes ago, chapelhillwx said:

Visiting home in north Chapel Hill - looked like maybe a few snow flakes mixed in with freezing drizzle just now! 32 but I assume we will wetbulb down as DP is 1 

Was walking dog in Southpoint area, thought I saw a few flakes. 

still mostly dry here in danvegas, tho i suppose like the above poster we will drop down as temp is 28 dp 4. already put the melt down on my sidewalk and driveway aint taking no chances. would hate to dislocate one hip the week before surgery lol

Just now, mackerel_sky said:

Have you seen the long range models? Might not see anymore until atleast Mid January! :(

I've seen my share of flurries in NC, I'll be alright...

2 hours ago, burrel2 said:

47 at midnight tomorrow?? maybe...

47 tomorrow "afternoon"... no way.

We shall see.  I've lived here for decades.  I know very well how CAD can hang in longer than forecasted.  In fact, it usually does.  Every now and then though the conditions merit a different result. This one has all the signs. Of course, as usual, it can go either way. But then again I'm not the one betting my hobby on the outcome.  lol

East wind at 12 G 18. DP 16. Temp slowly falling...34.0. Already below the forecast of 35. Too bad there isn't any precip around north ga!

East wind has really picked up the past hour. Holly Springs area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

East wind at 12 G 18. DP 16. Temp slowly falling...34.0. Already below the forecast of 35. Too bad there isn't any precip around north ga!

East wind has really picked up the past hour. Holly Springs area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk