Newest Member
    joxey
December Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Euro ens support the op with the north shift in the waa shield while the column is good. That closes out the 12z suite. Event is looking pretty tame at this point. 

Taken as a whole with ggem and other guidance weighted in some, I think we're still sliding the wrong way.  It's still close enough with time to turn it around but it's getting to the point we need to north trend to stop now. Much more and a shift south at the end won't help much. Euro is starting to take the true thump zone pretty far north of our area now. Gfs still kinda has it but it's been trending north each run on the gfs also just less so. Time to get a reverse at 0z. 

1 minute ago, high risk said:

ok, I can't argue with THAT.

9 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

There's going to be at least one suite where it goes back to that smokin' Euro run where we got crushed.  And then 2 cycles before the event, troll face.  

18z GFS happy hour will be it... lock it up ;)

Just now, yoda said:

18z NAM at LR looks fine... starts snowing around 01z Friday Night

It had a better look over the plains than 12z did, IMO.

Just looking for glimmers at this point. h5 is a little less amped out west and therefore flatter in front.  Perhaps it can get further south for us by game time.

27 minutes ago, yoda said:

18z NAM at LR looks fine... starts snowing around 01z Friday Night

simulated reflectivity may show echoes over us by then, but if you look at QPF, nothing has reached the ground by 6z.    That said, if you extrapolate, snow would be arriving soon after 6z, and the low levels are pretty darned cold at that time, so your comment that the end of the run looks good is certainly valid.

4 minutes ago, PaEasternWX said:

I hear the CRAS is a bad model so I asked and was told it was good. Not sure if I was being trolled or not. Assuming it is at least okay what does it show.

CRAS picked up one of the 2009/2010 storms first and held serve. we hug. 

19 minutes ago, leo1000 said:

I found some good news. 

Interesting note, ECMWF takes WPO and EPO back down to negative as quickly as it goes positive in latest guidance.

The long long range trends are improving. Hints that the ugly look it transient and not a long term stable pattern. A reshuffle is good as this current pattern is likely to be more frustrating then rewarding overall. 

Eps left the door open for Hail Mary type hope in a system next week. The mean only went up 1/2" but we lost about an inch on the Saturday mess so for the period after the mean actually jumped about 1-1.5". More to the nw of the city then to the se. Enough members have a hit, about 15, to say it's a threat even if a long shot. 0z was bordering on no signal at all. Marginal improvement. 

Archived