Toothache
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Boxing day was a stemwinder.

One of only two meltdowns I've ever head on the forum.   Huge potential turning into  4" of smashed dendrite,  baking powder, dry slot hell.

You can guess what my other meltdown was. (hint: Messenger calling it as 24"-36" forecast turned into 3-5" of bitterness)

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

If it was the scenario that occurred here that occurred where you guys were ... it wasn't technically a dry slot it was just extremely dry air being infected into the northern arc of the CCB. Perhaps also negative node and gravity wave action

Whatever the cause, it sucked.

4 hours ago, tamarack said:

Gusts over 150 kph on the SE coast up there?  Repeat of April 1-2, 2001, only moreso?

April 1-2 2001 wasn't a big wind event...just a long duration 2 ft snow event over 3 days. This would be more similar to the event that sunk the Ocean Ranger Oil Rig on the evening of Feb 14th, 1987 and caused a major blizzard in the city, but had some mixing during. 

22 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

One of only two meltdowns I've ever head on the forum.   Huge potential turning into  4" of smashed dendrite,  baking powder, dry slot hell.

You can guess what my other meltdown was. (hint: Messenger calling it as 24"-36" forecast turned into 3-5" of bitterness)

I hate that storm with abiding passion. Only memorable for the wind.

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Scott I find the explosive nature of the GFS and NAVGEM for the Wednesday storm as alarming as normally biased progressive models are actually the two most amped up model runs for this system.

Just looks like good ole deepening to me. I don't see anything alarming.

Archived