Newest Member
    amirah5
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

It looks explosive doesn't Scott?  Deepening is explosive?

Maybe well offshore. That s/w does not have the look of an explosive deepening, but we are also talking more than 6 days out. That potential doesn't excite me too much at the moment, but could bring some -SN to the area. Maybe tail end gets a boost or something...but that's far out there relatively speaking.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe well offshore. That s/w does not have the look of an explosive deepening, but we are also talking more than 6 days out. That potential doesn't excite me too much at the moment, but could bring some -SN to the area. Maybe tail end gets a boost or something...but that's far out there relatively speaking.

maybe james started forecasting for me and hazey? 

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Oh so having it downstream is a negative?

I'm just saying the ocean-atmospheric coupling doesn't get going until your longitude.  Here shortwaves are interacting with ocean 1000 miles west of us, before they get here.  New England lows can be just as explosive as here, but they are just not as frequent. 

2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Yeah unfortunately all the cold disappears as the storm comes through the region, the would be cold gets scoured out of the region and snow chances turn to rain.  I hope those highs, arctic highs were over the Quebec region of Canada rather than to our southeast.

What the hec are you talking about????? 

Archived