• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Novie is near, the first un-official month of SNE winter!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

That h500 of the Euro ensemble at hr 240 is a very warm look for us. We will have to see how amped up that cutter becomes but as is modeled now on most guidance, it looks to cut well west of us, meaning we go from way above normal to just normal as we never really get the backside cold. And then we would be primed to be on the warm side of the following wave. So basically as it looks to be right now, next week has a good shot at being well above normal in the Northeast US.

So +3/4 is a torch, just needed clarification on the term. Thanks

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

So +3/4 is a torch, just needed clarification on the term. Thanks

I like cold and snow as much as anyone, but I'm trying to be non-biased here. I don't see a wintry look here in New England after this weekend. I think the good news is that western Canada may finally cool off and get the snow they need. So hopefully we get the source region taken care of and dateline ridging at some point in December. Now as a nation, it certainly will cool down. No question compared to the recent weeks.  Now could you get a fluke cold airmass timed right? Of course...but I am speaking of the overall look. Details TBD.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I like cold and snow as much as anyone, but I'm trying to be non-biased here. I don't see a wintry look here in New England after this weekend. I think the good news is that western Canada may finally cool off and get the snow they need. So hopefully we get the source region taken care of and dateline ridging at some point in December. Now as a nation, it certainly will cool down. No question compared to the recent weeks.  Now could you get a fluke cold airmass timed right? Of course...but I am speaking of the overall look. Details TBD.

So, looks mild but not hysterically "torched"? I know for some around here +1F is serious warmth and +3 is Jurassic Park. Since you don't seem to be one of those types, I'm taking it to mean sort of a regular type warm up. What does the longer term look like?

23 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

So, looks mild but not hysterically "torched"? I know for some around here +1F is serious warmth and +3 is Jurassic Park. Since you don't seem to be one of those types, I'm taking it to mean sort of a regular type warm up. What does the longer term look like?

I hear some talk about the second half of Novie more in the way of anomalous warmth than first half, but not sure I see that yet.  I think we average AN, but you can always get these rogue events that are timed well in the interior. It's possible that we get a couple of cutters if the trough sets up out west. Overall I don't see an issue or any sign it means a bad winter...lol.  People really need to be patient. I have no idea about December to be honest. Wouldn't shock me if we had a few snow events, or it averaged out mild. 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Exactly.

No one likes to hear it, but it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I hear some talk about the second half of Novie more in the way of anomalous warmth than first half, but not sure I see that yet.  I think we average AN, but you can always get these rogue events that are timed well in the interior. It's possible that we get a couple of cutters if the trough sets up out west. Overall I don't see an issue or any sign it means a bad winter...lol.  People really need to be patient. I have no idea about December to be honest. Wouldn't shock me if we had a few snow events, or it averaged out mild. 

Same page.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe the Euro monthlies out tomorrow (hint-hint) will provide us with some decent guidance!   :scooter:

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Big big signals now in all camps and EPS of high impact big event soueaster. Also tropical disturbance In Caribbean that may be infused. 

Don't know about the big big signals but as depicted by the European that's a high impact warm seclusion during Syzygy tides.

Archived