• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Novie is near, the first un-official month of SNE winter!

Typhoon Tip

Just now, qr7121 said:

most def... a very nice look for that far out... i am beginning to like the chances of the 11/13-15 event for some decent accums vs just minor snows

Changes started rolling in the Pacific and you can see how a piece of the PV broke off in Canada and headed south. You also had changes in srn Greenland to ensure the delivery into the EC. The deep south goes from record highs to maybe record lows in a short time..lol.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Changes started rolling in the Pacific and you can see how a piece of the PV broke off in Canada and headed south. You also had changes in srn Greenland to ensure the delivery into the EC. The deep south goes from record highs to maybe record lows in a short time..lol.

i think this will be running theme this winter... we will see severe cold mixed w warmth but i think cold wins out 11/15-12/15 at least, and then probably in january too tho i hesitate to go out that far... i seriously believe Boston will set all time record snowfall this yr thanks to the variability. think 14-15 but even better but also spread out through multiple snowy periods instead of only 45ish days of crazy

4 minutes ago, qr7121 said:

i think this will be running theme this winter... we will see severe cold mixed w warmth but i think cold wins out 11/15-12/15 at least, and then probably in january too tho i hesitate to go out that far... i seriously believe Boston will set all time record snowfall this yr thanks to the variability. think 14-15 but even better but also spread out through multiple snowy periods instead of only 45ish days of crazy

:weenie::weenie::weenie: :facepalm:

Yeah I wouldn't go that far though. First off the op run was way warmer than ensembles so I'm not surprised. I think this is just the GOAK low slowly retrograding and you see what happens when you shut the Pacific down. If this retros more, than we get a more dateline ridge and perhaps a more -PNA...but I'm just extrapolating there.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I wouldn't go that far though. First off the op run was way warmer than ensembles so I'm not surprised. I think this is just the GOAK low slowly retrograding and you see what happens when you shut the Pacific down. If this retros more, than we get a more dateline ridge and perhaps a more -PNA...but I'm just extrapolating there.

of course it is absurdly far out, but the way we get to ^ gets going much earlier... the point of the map is not the specifics but the configuration of the cold -- it looks like the Arctic is about to basically become an enormous closed off dome with tons of heat trapped within, while the continents adjacent produce a solid ring of record cold anomalies...

16 minutes ago, qr7121 said:

of course it is absurdly far out, but the way we get to ^ gets going much earlier... the point of the map is not the specifics but the configuration of the cold -- it looks like the Arctic is about to basically become an enormous closed off dome with tons of heat trapped within, while the continents adjacent produce a solid ring of record cold anomalies...

Record cold anomalies are locked over Siberia, don't see that changing anytime soon or in November

16 minutes ago, qr7121 said:

Or maybe it's cold in winter 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hyperbolic worst winter ever. Enjoy 

by tolerating this BS the mods are tacitly endorsing climate denialism... why is there such a culture of anti-intellectualism on this board? this is not hyperbole, we are in fact off the cliff on several fronts, yet you are allowed to post insults/etc without any rationale or basis in logical thought...

below is DMI temps for 80N... we are literally just way beyond anything at this point... it is truly absurd how bad the situation is... at least the lobster in the pot knows it's getting warm, whereas you don't even know the definition of "anomaly" :(

Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 12.57.53 PM.png

You keep conflating your unscientific claim that the Arctic is overwhelming everything else with climate denial. They aren't the same. If anyone is denying the science, it is those making hyperbolic statements without peer review literature to support their claims. 

Everyone in here has acknowledged the Arctic amplification we've seen in the past couple decades, but where you fly off the rails is claiming that it is more important than things like tropical forcing and that classic loading patterns like the PNA don't matter anymore. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

You keep conflating your unscientific claim that the Arctic is overwhelming everything else with climate denial. They aren't the same. If anyone is denying the science, it is those making hyperbolic statements without peer review literature to support their claims. 

Everyone in here has acknowledged the Arctic amplification we've seen in the past couple decades, but where you fly off the rails is claiming that it is more important than things like tropical forcing and that classic loading patterns like the PNA don't matter anymore. 

we had a stable three-cell system thanks to the Arctic... that is no longer the case now that it is shifting to a temperate climate most of the year... you think that destroying the polar/tropical gradient isn't going to tip everything out of balance? you must not have been looking out the window for the past yr...

8 minutes ago, qr7121 said:

by tolerating this BS the mods are tacitly endorsing climate denialism... why is there such a culture of anti-intellectualism on this board? this is not hyperbole, we are in fact off the cliff on several fronts, yet you are allowed to post insults/etc without any rationale or basis in logical thought...

below is DMI temps for 80N... we are literally just way beyond anything at this point... it is truly absurd how bad the situation is... at least the lobster in the pot knows it's getting warm, whereas you don't even know the definition of "anomaly" :(

Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 12.57.53 PM.png

Lol yeah ok   you just forecasted the worst winter ever . How about you tell us what was the worst previous winter. I can school you dude. But going to ignore your trolling as I wouldn't want to upset a a sensitive snowflake . 

Archived