• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Novie is near, the first un-official month of SNE winter!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why is everyone talking about winter? This is Nov thread. That said .. Will has stopped posting .  Notice last week when models were showing good signals of colder pattern he was posting.. now that things have flipped warm Nov and into Dec he's stopped. Always telling in my eyes 

Agreed.  It's been a whole 2 hours since his last post.  ;)

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why is everyone talking about winter? This is Nov thread. That said .. Will has stopped posting .  Notice last week when models were showing good signals of colder pattern he was posting.. now that things have flipped warm Nov and into Dec he's stopped. Always telling in my eyes 

You brought it up.  That's why.  

Amazing how Will's posting style led to that statement about a ratter from you.  

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Some talk swirling now of ratter winter where that thought was impossible even last week

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Where do you get this knee jerk reaction stuff?

5 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Some talk swirling now of ratter winter where that thought was impossible even last week

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

CFS?

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Talking about the soueaster. This is Nov thread 

I am worried about you, very worried 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Exactly. When he likes pattern he posts about it. 

Yeah.  I sort of see your point.  The difference in Will's posting frequency from November 1st to November 7th certainly would make some think a ratter is coming this winter, when last week no one thought it was possible because he posted a couple more times.

Its iron clad.

It's gonna be the same as last year.

I'm pretty concerned. Monthlies illustrated my fear quite well. The seasonal flow is dictated an AK/Bering cortex. This is why once I saw that pop up I advocated for to slamming the breaks on winter talk. Reminds me of 2012 and 2002. The notion of it moving out became akin to that illusory pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that peole kept chasing all season long.

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm pretty concerned. Monthlies illustrated my fear quite well. The seasonal flow is dictated an AK/Bering cortex. This is why once I saw that pop up I advocated for to slamming the breaks on winter talk. Reminds me of 2012 and 2002. The notion of it moving out became akin to that illusory pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that peole kept chasing all season long.

I have been steady on the climo train forever. I see zero indications of a blockbuster winter or a ratter.  Taking it week by week storm by storm is what I plan on doing. Modeling is chaos in Nina years.

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Well, they were rather ugly. Bering sea Low. Pretty warm across the US. Verbatim December was ok I guess, but the other months looked ugly. Hopefully they are wrong. 

I know it's early, but my concern is a repeat of last year. Some say statistically it can't happen, but IDK. I can't fathom another ratter.

19 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I know it's early, but my concern is a repeat of last year. Some say statistically it can't happen, but IDK. I can't fathom another ratter.

If temps aren't fickle enough, snow is even worse. The fickle of all fickles. If anybody is in a better spot this year...it's you guys. 

Archived