Ellinwood

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, yoda said:

Well this can't be right...

rgem_apcpn_neus_8.png

I hope its not.

On another note, the radar doesn't do this rain justice.  For whatever reason, what are normally echos that indicated light rain are now delivering some pretty heavy rain.  It's absolutely pouring in downtown Winchester right now.

Just now, EastCoast NPZ said:

Good thing these cells are moving quickly, because they are laying down some serious rain.  Been in and out of some very heavy rains in Middletown.  Looks like Stephens City is getting nailed too.  Is it wrong to ask the wife to go outside in the rain to check the gauge?

Wait, you are getting heavy rain?  Impossible!

7 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Truly spectacular here right now.  Maybe not biblical, but impressive.

I'm out.  This is enough.

Radar is lit-up over Winchester right now, for sure.

Heavier stuff looks to be moving on for me as the next batch appears focused to the west.  3.8" at home according to the wife.  I'm good.  

events over, time to go back to Battle Pirates, blogging, and swimming.

nws will be busy as hell spinning about why we are cloudy all day, tonight, and tomorrow with a little drizzle and sporadic non accumulating light rain after all the massive predictions of monster biblical rain lmao

instead of being upfront and keeping it real and admitting that incredible model candy turned everyone at the nws into a bunch of torrential rain weenies which is why they went way overboard with the  'as much as a foot' forecasts, they will spin this faster than a centrifuge  and make excuses, excuses, excuses. there are at least two professions in which you can f#@& up most of the time and still have a job with decent pay and incredible job security: Playing 'football' as a washington redskin year after miserable year, and being a weather forecaster. 

who cares if you overforecasted too much rain from the monster deep upper level low straight from Hell? Hey, I'm a meteorologist! I can be wrong and I still have a job at the end of the day. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived