Newest Member
    EWR757
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The problem I see is that years from now someone will be looking at those and see those readings and think that they were taken with the same type of instrumentation.  When in fact it's taken with an unshielded, uncalibrated thermometer.

3 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

The problem I see is that years from now someone will be looking at those and see those readings and think that they were taken with the same type of instrumentation.  When in fact it's taken with an unshielded, uncalibrated thermometer.

I think few will ever even see them. You can only find them in the remarks of the original forms.

6 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I hear you but I think you know what I mean.  Some researcher will go to the source and see the remark and have no way of knowing that the reading is totally invalid.

Haha in a hundred years a group of weenied will be online discussing this mythical CT valley that rivals SLK.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha in a hundred years a group of weenied will be online discussing this mythical CT valley that rivals SLK.

In a hundred years they'll probably view those remarks the same way we view the "snow up to thy knickers" accounts.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

That has nothing to do with being skeptical of dead sea scroll accounts though.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

The cold doth freeze the utters of mature cows. Butter froze to the sides of me churning bowl.

Lol good luck from here on out due to a warming world, wut. You do realize that 34 was one of the USAs warmest years on record. So your skeptical of over 2 dozen accounts of 1715.   Of course you are there were no scientists measuring it. Bet you doubt the 1600s hurricanes too. 

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

Ok, so I looked it up and still lol. 

I always laugh at people who ignore history and say it won't ever happen again. I heard it here over and over again there was zero chance Feb 34 would ever happen again I argued elsewise. It was a personal redemption to see it not only occur again but to be shattered. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I always laugh at people who ignore history and say it won't ever happen again. I heard it here over and over again there was zero chance Feb 34 would ever happen again I argued elsewise. It was a personal redemption to see it not only occur again but to be shattered. 

It was a pretty darn special event. I'm pretty confident I won't see its like again in my lifetime. Still, a non-zero probability for sure.

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol good luck from here on out due to a warming world, wut. You do realize that 34 was one of the USAs warmest years on record. So your skeptical of over 2 dozen accounts of 1715.   Of course you are there were no scientists measuring it. Bet you doubt the 1600s hurricanes too. 

No, I don't doubt 1600s hurricanes...these are silly strawmen. You are equating being skeptical of accuracy (particularly snowfall) to believing events happened at all, which is obviously quite the leap.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No, I don't doubt 1600s hurricanes...these are silly strawmen. You are equating being skeptical of accuracy (particularly snowfall) to believing events happened at all, which is obviously quite the leap.

should have said intensity still amazed despite the overwhelming evidence you equate 1715 to dead Sea scrolls 

Archived