Newest Member
    joxey
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Except nights warmest in the hills. Might want to wash those sheets come Thursday.

Yeah no longer needed in the hills when his mins are 60F while BDL is 49F but he installs April 1st when it's not needed for 6 weeks.

And apparently the shade is better after mid-September when the leaves come down than it is in mid summer with foliated trees.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah no longer needed in the hills when his mins are 60F while BDL is 49F but he installs April 1st when it's not needed for 6 weeks.

And apparently the shade is better after mid-September when the leaves come down than it is in mid summer with foliated trees.

Install April Fools day and uninstall Labor Day. Makes sense. :lol:

I remember back on 10/25/2001 that we had one relatively warm/muggy night with a low of 61°.  It stands out to me because it's a week later then the next low like that.  I guess it's not as bad as the low of 59° on 11/30/2005.  Nights like that get pretty sporadic after mid-October so I don't think we need to leave the AC's in until December....lol.  I think I can deal with it. 

9 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I remember back on 10/25/2001 that we had one relatively warm/muggy night with a low of 61°.  It stands out to me because it's a week later then the next low like that.  I guess it's not as bad as the low of 59° on 11/30/2005.  Nights like that get pretty sporadic after mid-October so I don't think we need to leave the AC's in until December....lol.  I think I can deal with it. 

No one needs AC in a house in mid-late Oct. The sun is low and weak . Not even sweat horses 

40 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Guaranteed my house will be in the mid/upper 70s the next 3 days when I get home from work.  Throw on the AC for a couple hours to take it down to about 68F and call it a night.

Really?   Ours would be like that til maybe 6pm when the sun goes down and temps tank...it's October not August.   

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

That's just me. I love cold when I sleep. I think some view when they install, uninstall, or not needing AC as some badge of honor. I don't give a sh*t. I would just rather be comfotable.

I'll use it when needed, but otherwise I want open windows...too many people around here who never open their windows anymore-they just go from AC to heat and back again....stale air....

32 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's just me. I love cold when I sleep. I think some view when they install, uninstall, or not needing AC as some badge of honor. I don't give a sh*t. I would just rather be comfotable.

Correct.  Always sleep comfortably.  

Some always rush the seasons (installing April 1st and wishing for 85/70 every day) and uninstall early hoping its deep winter by Nov 1st.  

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Correct.  Always sleep comfortably.  

Some always rush the seasons (installing April 1st and wishing for 85/70 every day) and uninstall early hoping its deep winter by Nov 1st.  

My wife thinks I am nuts, but I could sleep outside in a thong while it snows. I've always been this way since I was a kid. If there is one person who could survive being caught on the slope of MWN...it's me...lol.

Archived