joxey
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

if you are Ray, anything past 495 is "congrats Dendrite."

I love the "congrats Dendrite"  posts.  Cause Im about 25 miles NNW of him and about 700 feet higher I guess when I see the congrats Dendrite posts I know I have it in the bag even with some wiggle room.   Last few years however it seems everything is south, so  congrats Dendrite can also mean I miss out a bit since I'm north.   Of course to get winter weather you need QPF.  That has been sorely lacking.

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

I love the "congrats Dendrite"  posts.  Cause Im about 25 miles NNW of him and about 700 feet higher I guess when I see the congrats Dendrite posts I know I have it in the bag even with some wiggle room.   Last few years however it seems everything is south, so  congrats Dendrite can also mean I miss out a bit since I'm north.   Of course to get winter weather you need QPF.  That has been sorely lacking.

Pretty sure you were too far north for Oct 11 and Jan 11 when the whole catchphrase started. The best deformation rocketed north of me for Boxing Day though.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Pretty sure you were too far north for Oct 11 and Jan 11 when the whole catchphrase started. The best deformation rocketed north of me for Boxing Day though.

I actually thought the phrase started in 2007-2008 winter...though it became more ridiculous when you grabbed the deformation jackpots in those two storms you mentioned since it initially looked like you'd prob be too far north for the real good stuff.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Big lack of "congrats Wilmington" lately. 

Our new climate regime puts the deformation bands over either ORH or Weymouth.

We'll always have 12/21/08 in the archives though for the kids many years from now as proof that Wilmington once did get a deformation band or two.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Our new climate regime puts the deformation bands over either ORH or Weymouth.

We'll always have 12/21/08 in the archives though for the kids many years from now as proof that Wilmington once did get a deformation band or two.

We might have to put those radar images in a box guarded by Steve and is co-workers in some warehouse. "Who is guarding the box?"   "Top men Ray.....top...men."

rayradar.jpg

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

We might have to put those radar images in a box guarded by Steve and is co-workers in some warehouse. "Who is guarding the box?"   "Top men Ray.....top...men."

rayradar.jpg

Only the dead sea scroll society gold membership card can access those records. The card would look like the American Express gold card, except instead of the Roman Gladiator in the middle, it's a portrait of Steve.

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Only the dead sea scroll society gold membership card can access those records. The card would look like the American Express gold card, except instead of the Roman Gladiator in the middle, it's a portrait of Steve.

I smell a photoshop opportunity. Eric?

56 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

As usual you got nothing, good luck ignoring history, you will again be wrong in your assumptions and lol at Scooter for his its too warm. 

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

As usual you got nothing, good luck ignoring history, you will again be wrong in your assumptions and lol at Scooter for his its too warm. 

I wasn't aware of any assumption I made that I would be wrong about?

Lol...all I was doing was making fun of a theoretical dead sea scroll society.

Prior to this semester one of my professor's who had a light class schedule this semester introduced a new course called Practicum in Weather.  It's a course designed for students to get their "feet wet" in broadcasting and preparation for a higher level meteorology course which deals with broadcasting.  This has actually been quite a bit of fun.  I did my first ever broadcast in front of a green screen last Wednesday and did my second one today.  In class we watch the videos and the professor (who works at News 12 in NY) gives us critique/feedback.  For example, in my first video I did go a bit too long on the satellite graphic and maybe too technical.  This is a ton of fun though and great experience...just don't really have a good TV voice lol

49 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Prior to this semester one of my professor's who had a light class schedule this semester introduced a new course called Practicum in Weather.  It's a course designed for students to get their "feet wet" in broadcasting and preparation for a higher level meteorology course which deals with broadcasting.  This has actually been quite a bit of fun.  I did my first ever broadcast in front of a green screen last Wednesday and did my second one today.  In class we watch the videos and the professor (who works at News 12 in NY) gives us critique/feedback.  For example, in my first video I did go a bit too long on the satellite graphic and maybe too technical.  This is a ton of fun though and great experience...just don't really have a good TV voice lol

nice job Paulie

5 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Nice work dude.....

11 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

This is great!   Let's get you and Ryan to the next Boston gtg to run a 90 minute special.

Great job wiz!

Archived