• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

Yeah foliage is great Brian. I'd say peak as well. Still not many sticks at all near 3K. I remember 4 yrs ago we were up at Loon and it was quickly becoming stick season. Traffic was nuts yesterday. People just pulling over on 93 after exit 28-29 for leaves. Not the safest option. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I can understand it for you...Lisa said you are up here this weekend. I'm actually enjoying it, but I wanted to setup my chicken run today. It's been so dark though the birds probably still think it's night in the coop.

How's the foliage up there? I'd say everything except the oaks are near peak...which is usual. Been up the Kanc at all? I wonder if the gazebo is at stick season yet. We've been up there on Columbus weekend before and hit complete leaf drop halfway up.

He posted awesome pics in the fall foliage thread

Just now, OceanStWx said:

ILM was all over that, well before it began too.

Yes awesome job by them, I posted in our SE forum n case they were unaware. Reminded me much of what happened to me  in Bob . 6 plus inches of rain, rain stopped and a hour later had huge gusts to 86 pretty far inland

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You tend to get those in these systems that are becoming baroclinic. Boston had its highest gust as Bob moved away too. I think the typical pressure rise along with the colder air working in just off the deck helps mix it down. 

Yeah, ILM was mentioning that specifically. The rain cooled interior air was actually helping to steepen lapse rates as it was advected east, making it easier to mix the winds down.

Archived