Newest Member
    joxey
I'll see you in September

J Paul Gordon

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very wet 4-5 days for some.  

Only 0.45" here and that's all from the past 36 hours, as we are right on the gradient of like 2-4" of rain 15 miles north and next to nothing 15 miles south.

Last 5 days is below..a couple co-workers had their driveway washed out in Hyde Park from the 2" in an hour the other night and got another 0.75" yesterday.

image.jpeg

28 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Expect days and days of boredom.

Seems 40-50 MPH gusts away from coasts should be the theme..Higher on coast.With strong high to north and storm transitioning ET..massive and strong windfield..Add to that some sun for mixing as the rain shield stays south.It's Enough to cause some problems

57 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Seems 40-50 MPH gusts away from coasts should be the theme..Higher on coast.With strong high to north and storm transitioning ET..massive and strong windfield..Add to that some sun for mixing as the rain shield stays south.It's Enough to cause some problems

Where do you come up with this sh*t? 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If by "away from the coast" you mean 30-40mi out into the Atlantic than you're correct.

Sunday may be ok except along south coast of SNE and perhaps eastern MA. Increasing clouds Sunday aftn, but looks good pike N overall. Monday will suck. Not a bad weekend in many areas, but goes down hill in SNE Sunday aftn. Next week may not torch at all depending on Hermine. Just sits and spins. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I've said all along rain stays south of SNE . All this doom and gloom rainy weekend craziness. Where are they getting it? I stated why I think winds are stronger . Nothing crazy. But better than 70 and sunny with no wind. Them the torch cometh mid week 

You think calling for gusts to 50mph inland with damage isn't "crazy"?

Look at the gradient north of the system, if you are counting on high pressure to provide a steep gradient well north of the circulation I'm just not seeing it.

What a great stretch of COC weather we've had these past several days. 

Tues:  76

Wed. 75

Thur: 75

Fri: 74

Sat: 69

Sun: Progged:  71*

Labor Day progged: 70* (hopefully the forecasted partly sunny in the morning will prevail into later in the day)

A little mild-up later in the week with temps soaring into the low 80's before dipping back to 70's next weekend.  Seasons in seasons.

Archived