amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
I'll see you in September

J Paul Gordon

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even if perhaps ironic only ... the 00z Euro has the hottest 850 mb thermal layout that has happened at all this year for D7.  that 168 hour depiction is up around 22 C with good mixing, too.  

i've seen it be in the mid to upper 90s in mid April - it can happen this close to an Equinox.   reminder: we are still technically on the equitorial side of the solar curve, much to the chagrin of any winter rushers that have already tuned out on summer.  it makes for interesting meteorology if folks let it; it's a possible record heat scenario...  

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

LEAD FRONT INITIALLY NEAR THE GREAT LAKES THURSDAY WILL SUPPORT A
WARM SW FLOW INTO THE EAST THROUGH SATURDAY. RECORD HIGH
TEMPERATURES WILL BE POSSIBLE IN SOME LOCATIONS. ACTUAL VALUES
WILL BE INTO THE 90S AS FAR NORTH AS NY AND SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND
UNTIL THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY APPROACHES FROM THE NW

It's only for a couple of days. We will survive. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nah It's always cool and wet in VT. Chilly week upcoming for BTV! Enjoy 

What's this got to do with MPM and point and click forecasts lol?

Forecast looks like beautiful weather if we can avoid a rainy weekend next week.

Hi/lo this week here, above normal but I don't think anyone is "roasting away" in this beautiful stretch of late summer weather.

82/51 Tue Sun

83/54 Wed Sun 

85/61 Thu Sun

77/61 Fri Showers

73/56 Sat Showers

68/50 Sun Showers

6 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Stop reading the forecast!  It's going to be a roaster whether that says it or not.

5 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Mid 80s is well above normal for you for mid Sept.  By definition, a roaster.

FWIW, the evening packages as lost the mid-80's on Thursday and now tops me out at low 80's.  Above normal?  Yes.  A roaster?  Hardly.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

One of those weeks where you've got to make sure you've got extra Pony-o's in the pocket to ensure that if one breaks you've got another to quickly replace to keep the pony up off the neck 

Might need these: https://www.amazon.com/****tens-Disposable-Mitten-shaped-Moist-Wipes/dp/B00F547P6S

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah today was also a roaster from the valley west. Folks seem to not know what their normals are if they think 82-86 isn't a roaster

Yesterday was 79/47 and dead on normal in the means...today 82/50 will be +2 or something like that.

Even later this week I don't think of "roasting" as a 3-day mean of +5 to +10 prior to dropping back to normal this weekend.

What I experienced in CT a few weeks ago was roasting.  

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yesterday was 79/47 and dead on normal in the means...today 82/50 will be +2 or something like that.

Even later this week I don't think of "roasting" as a 3-day mean of +5 to +10 prior to dropping back to normal this weekend.

What I experienced in CT a few weeks ago was roasting.  

It's all relative to time of year. When MPM normal is 74 and he's 86.. It's a roaster 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

It's all relative to time of year. When MPM normal is 74 and he's 86.. It's a roaster 

Relative to time of year?  That big heat was like a couple weeks ago. Not like it was May.

BDL put up a -1 departure today as of the 5pm climate report.  

I guess we are arguing subjective stuff but a +10 afternoon doesn't strike me as all that uncommon. Above normal but not yet worthy of hyping a roaster.  If we can get 3 days of +10 to +15 daily means then I'll cave haha.

53 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I guess we are arguing subjective stuff but a +10 afternoon doesn't strike me as all that uncommon. Above normal but not yet worthy of hyping a roaster.  If we can get 3 days of +10 to +15 daily means then I'll cave haha.

Trying to sensationalize warm temperatures up here at this point in the season seems like more of the typical much ado about nothing.  “Oh no… we have to deal with beautiful weather, whatever will we do?”

Archived