Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I'll see you in September

J Paul Gordon

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think he meant sensible wx change more than anything.

Patterns are funny things...they don't always change the sensible wx in a single location...even in the winter when patterns exert more influence on sensible wx. Remember our "relaxation" pattern in the 2nd week of February 2015? Pretty much the entire CONUS torched except for one little corner called New England that got stuck just north of a little propagating wave that produced 20"+ of snow over 3 days in BOS while it was like 70F in VA and 60s in the Midwest. So yeah, the pattern definitely changed, but our parade of snow and cold did not in SNE...we would have never known the pattern changed unless we looked at the weather in DC or Chicago, lol.

So yeah, maybe Jerry was right...but we ended up with a lot of the same.

We have not been in a pattern now that features high humidity daily T storms and HHH. In fact we have gone into a NW flow dominant pattern with AN temps with lower dews. We are not in a WAR dominated pattern we are in a MA SE ridge pattern

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

You're a trip...lol. The only thing that's changed is we're moving into September but positive departures will not apparently be leaving. Less humid? Of course! It's moving into autumn. HMs stream of consciousness notwithstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perhaps you should go back and read exactly what I posted Your snark is misplaced 

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Bottom line is we haven't had a pattern changed since mid July.

oh  you mean temperature AN change agree but air mass origin is absolutely changed and sensible weather certainly has changed . Haven't had any rain since the WAR left 

oh  you mean temperature AN change agree but air mass origin is absolutely changed and sensible weather certainly has changed . Haven't had any rain since the WAR left 

We haven't had rain all summer. Interesting I had to go to nyc Saturday and waze took us through Moosup. It did look much greener there.

Just now, weathafella said:

We haven't had rain all summer. Interesting I had to go to nyc Saturday and waze took us through Moosup. It did look much greener there.

Just west of Boston though had good rains for a while earlier this month. ORH picked up about 4 inches of rain in roughly a 2 week period between 8/10-8/22, and other areas in W MA and parts of CT picked up more than that.

BOS down to SE MA has been in the screwzone though.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

lol at judging by rt 395 almost 5 inches of rain in August does your grass look like this. It's a really wonderful green

20160829_151200.jpg

37 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

wow another great day with crystal clear views Noticeable dew drop a DSD perfect  

Yeah I'm loving the 65-72F temps (depending on sunlight vs clouds) with dews in the 54-55F range.  

70/54 is absolutely refreshing.  Go for a run with the dog and not lose 8 pounds of sweat...that's winning lol.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

next week like the 6th?

No. Starting Tuesday and lasting the week. Even Monday gets back to 85 but no dews quite yet

38 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I can see kids dropping left and right. TP stuck to lockers. Sweat dripping from their stupid compression socks.

Yeah.. You can kind of see how bathroom stalls will be out of TP by 3rd period as the dews will help loosen bowels and in turn encourage more and extra wiping. You hope schools are paying attn to the weather, so there's no run outs 

5 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just west of Boston though had good rains for a while earlier this month. ORH picked up about 4 inches of rain in roughly a 2 week period between 8/10-8/22, and other areas in W MA and parts of CT picked up more than that.

Yup.. things are green here in Worcester. Air is nice too 85F (29C) high; 67 (20C) low; Dwpt 55 (13C). Beautiful night, breezy day.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No. Starting Tuesday and lasting the week. Even Monday gets back to 85 but no dews quite yet

Yeah.. You can kind of see how bathroom stalls will be out of TP by 3rd period as the dews will help loosen bowels and in turn encourage more and extra wiping. You hope schools are paying attn to the weather, so there's no run outs 

Coupla days in the mid 80sF. 850s get up to 16C (61F). Better call FEMA

6 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

4"+ here the last 30 days but the past week has been dry. 

Archived