Newest Member
    joxey
Aug Banter Thread

H2O

• H2O pinned this topic
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other "injury" news, yesterday I got stung by a bee for the first time since I was a kid.

I was out mowing the lawn, and I thought one of my inside-thigh leg hairs got pulled. Then I felt it on the other leg and thought "S**t...I just got stung!" This was nearly confirmed when I swatted a bee that was aiming for my grill and then ran away like a little girl. I look at the affected area confirmed two stings, then a third that I hadn't even felt - all on the insides of my thighs. And they itch like a mofo today!

It's interesting that I got whacked because I'd been thinking about it quite a bit this summer. I've seen a ton more bees this year than I can remember, so I'd been slightly concerned about my daughter getting stung. Stings used to happen to me (and my siblings and friends) as a kid all the time because we'd run around on clover-filled lawns in bare feet all summer long, but I hadn't heard of any local kids or nephews/nieces getting stung recently. I guess it's partly to do with the decline in the bee population, as well as the general improvement in lawn care and the associated lawn weed reduction in the last 20 or so years. And since I've got more clover on my lawn than I care to admit (as does our neighbors' lawn), the bees have been using our place like a fast food joint!

19 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Well, things will be done leftie style next couple months, shattered wrist in a fall. Naturally I am right handed........

Yeah, us 'old folk' have weak bones lol. First bone break I've ever had in 52 years.

That sucks!  I'd  point out a couple funny realizations my SO discovered about being unable to use his dominant arm, but won't.

His quote "it's like being marooned with a bad date."  

Start increasing your intake of Calcium & Vitamin D. And hopefully you'll heal quickly!

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived