Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer/Early Fall 16 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Classic event. We had more rain in a couple hours then we have had this entire summer 

Did you guys in Wantagh get more rain in a shorter time from that event than the August 2011 deluge that focused closer to LB and NE of there?

I visited a friend in Wantagh last fall and they had to repair the flood damage to their basement ceiling and floor

from the water pouring in from the early September flash flood.

2 minutes ago, tdp146 said:

I wasn't a part of the online weather community at that time, (not sure how much of an online community there was in 2001), but I remember printing out the GOES satellite imagery of Erin that morning before leaving for school. 

I wasn't part of it either

I don't remember this. I just remember and nice and sunny morning before the attacks happened.

Erin was a cat 3 hurricane up here

28 minutes ago, Cfa said:

Makes you wonder if 9/11 would've even happened if we had that hurricane striking the area. A Cat 3 impact wouldn't have been pretty, but it would've paled in comparison to the events that happened that day.

Yeah probably not but it would have just been carried out on another day in all likelihood

20 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Many many guys survived because they called in sick that day to surf. One of the best days of surf in recent history. Huge barrels on par with anywhere in the world 

it was election day and some of the people I know stayed home to work on the election for their party...I worked for the Bd of Elections on Broadway a few blocks away...I told my story a hundred times...I was lucky to get the first ferry off the island as the first tower fell...

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived