joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer/Early Fall 16 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is pleasing to see that the weather has come to life just a bit; the last year has been dreadfully boring weather-wise...even the big blizzard was not terribly exciting.

Good to see you too, Pam! Yes, it sure has been boring. I'm looking forward to my trip to the food store tomorrow morning. I'm sure there will be people talking about the hurricane coming. "I hear now they're saying hurricane winds for 3 days. This one's gonna last longer than Sandy." I just want English muffins with apricot preserves or lemon curd.....maybe even some canned oysters!! Wow I need sleep.

53 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

Why is the Euro immune from criticism? It's a superb model, and more often than not correct. In this case it showed a monster off the cape may coast for multiple runs. It bit hard and should be criticized accordingly. 

It has sucked since being upgraded. Why upgrade something if it's not broke?

18 minutes ago, Pamela said:

Now the last time it was this bad was the Summer of 2005 (Katrina Summer)...and then the drought broke in October...with more than 20 inches out in Suffolk...and I think 9 inches in just one day at Upton. 

Yeah, October 2005 was one of the biggest basement rainfall flooding events in Long Beach. Developers who built and continue to build Long Beach

really didn't pay attention to the risks of living on a barrier island. They constructed plenty of houses with downsloping driveways which allow street flooding

to pour over the curb in into the basements of the residences. So it's a double whammy between rainfall and coastal flooding events inundating homes.

16 minutes ago, doncat said:

I see Islip only had about 5.25" for met summer...that's almost 4" less than I had here.

I learned to be grateful for sprinklers and garden hoses. But you can see that most open spaces that just rely on mother nature didn't fare too well around here.

90dPDeptNRCC.png

Earlier today, "Pamela" wrote:

"Also the Green Sign says "Exit 58" "Old Nichols Rd""

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I penned an absolutely adorable post that was removed from one of the other "threads" (such a harsh word!)...let me see if those extraordinary synapses The Goddess endowed Me with can effectively recall it...ah yes; it was related to My ability to read the distant green sign and tiny, obscured print in the photograph taken on the Long Island Expressway by another board member:

I eat my carrots!

Did you ever see a rabbit wearing glasses?

Nice to see you M, also!

Alas, I've never seen a rabbit with glasses.

How have you been?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, winterwarlock said:

The trpoical trolls are out of control especially baconstrips with their wishcasting of Hermine...imo really makes the board a joke if you are looking for real accurate info...last week too with guys lije njwx going nuts over the most dire solutions

I contribute more to this board in a day than you have in your entire time here. I wasn't going nuts the other day, I was taking what the modeling showed seriously. The Euro was showing a very serious situation and it is superior with tropical systems so anybody that knows what they are doing would have weighted its solution heavily.

1 hour ago, winterwarlock said:

The trpoical trolls are out of control especially baconstrips with their wishcasting of Hermine...imo really makes the board a joke if you are looking for real accurate info...last week too with guys lije njwx going nuts over the most dire solutions

how about waiting to see if predictions verify or not, before calling people trolls?    I only go off of factual evidence.

people like you are the ones that bring the trolls out, that know nothing about weather.

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived