Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer/Early Fall 16 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rjay said:

So does anyone actually like dew points between 75-85 with temps in the 80s and 90s?

I like the heat, but when the Dewpoints approach 80° it gets to be a bit much.  Same thing goes for the Winter though, I mean who really likes temps in the teens with a -25° windchill and no snow?

16 hours ago, Rjay said:

So does anyone actually like dew points between 75-85 with temps in the 80s and 90s?

It can get pretty intense when you combine this type of humidity with heat. The strongest combo I ever experienced was 7/5/99 

with 100 degrees and a 75 dew point yielding a 114 heat index. It's the summer extreme version of a winter 0 degrees and 40-50 mph winds.

39 minutes ago, bluewave said:

It can get pretty intense when you combine this type of humidity with heat. The strongest combo I ever experienced was 7/5/99 

with 100 degrees and a 75 dew point yielding a 114 heat index. It's the summer extreme version of a winter 0 degrees and 40-50 mph winds.

July of 95 I recall a heat index of 123. I Think it was 98 so the dewpoint must've been 82

Actually it was worse and that was at 7pm

102.9 °F 121.3 °F 78.1 °F 45% 29.82 in 7.0 mi WNW 17.3 mph - N/A   Overcast
99.0 °F 128.2 °F 84.0 °F 62% 29.81 in 5.0 mi West 16.1 mph - N/A   Drizzle
98.1 °F 127.2 °F 84.0 °F 64%

36 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

July of 95 I recall a heat index of 123. I Think it was 98 so the dewpoint must've been 82

Actually it was worse and that was at 7pm

102.9 °F 121.3 °F 78.1 °F 45% 29.82 in 7.0 mi WNW 17.3 mph - N/A   Overcast
99.0 °F 128.2 °F 84.0 °F 62% 29.81 in 5.0 mi West 16.1 mph - N/A   Drizzle
98.1 °F 127.2 °F 84.0 °F 64%

The South Shore were I was in July 95 didn't get as hot as other parts of the area did due to the sea breeze. So July 99 was my highest heat index.

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

I played golf in Smithtown that day.  That was probably dumber than skiing down Landing Avenue during the blizzard last January.

5 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

I played golf in Smithtown that day.  That was probably dumber than skiing down Landing Avenue in the blizzard last January.

Don't feel so bad..I rode my bike for a few blocks on the LB Boardwalk and started to get a pins and needles sensation so I retreated back into the air conditioning.;)

I lasted out on the boardwalk about as long as the 0 degree 1/21/85 with 40-45 mph winds.

There is nothing redeeming about this crappy weather unless you enjoy feeling like a disgusting swamp or can manage to be by a pool or Beach. The air feels toxic which I imagine it is given the air quality and it's useless unless we get good storms out of it which is unlikely. Let's not forget how dangerous this is for a lot of people and I'm sure our power grids are taking a beating. 

11 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

There is nothing redeeming about this crappy weather unless you enjoy feeling like a disgusting swamp or can manage to be by a pool or Beach. The air feels toxic which I imagine it is given the air quality and it's useless unless we get good storms out of it which is unlikely. Let's not forget how dangerous this is for a lot of people and I'm sure our power grids are taking a beating. 

We'll be fine, I suspect.

6 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

Drama queen

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived