joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Pattern Discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if DIT's hottest summer on record and months of heat and dews are to transpire it's gotta start somewhere, lol.

Although we are in a decent hot stretch the past 3 days, just no dews over like 55F.

...yeah, but isn't that the company line every year?  

8-10 day means still showing that persistent Great Lakes/Northeast troughiness aloft. Been a pretty permanent feature for June. Not a cold pattern at all but not going to get sustained torches with that in the means.

attachicon.giftest8.gif

I don't understand the desire for sweltering heat, humidity and brown lawn. I'll take the current weather we've been having all summer. Need more precip though

Watch for some nice nocturnal storms tonight. Really steep mid level lapse rates with that shortwave moving through. Nothing severe but a nice lightning show is possible for some. 

Saw Jeremey Reiner at 11 who said line of storms in NYS would be dying a quick death over W MA and wouldn't make it East.  Laughed at 4 AM when woken by lightning and thunder.  Once again Ryan with the great call.  

You're not bad Ryan...maybe not as good as that met from Tolland but still not bad  :lmao:  :clap:

Well if DIT's hottest summer on record and months of heat and dews are to transpire it's gotta start somewhere, lol.

...yeah, but isn't that the company line every year?

It’s as if the DIT persona claims to want that very hot stuff and is therefore forced to subjectively work that into expectations for weather.  It seems much more like a banter thing vs. material for an actual meteorological pattern thread.  Heck, I think heat was “locked” starting yesterday, but I don’t really see that in forecast, even down in those hot SNE areas.

I will go ahead and lock 90+ starting on the 20th itself based on what I see.

April install worth the effort now?

lol still cracks me up about the sense of urgency in some of those posts back in April...install now or you may actually die of heat exhaustion if you try to do it later.

Two months later...though I did run mine for about an hour last night.

holy sh it this weather is awesome.

Yeah man, 74/42 this afternoon was perfect for a long late afternoon hike.

After the hot couple days today's high of 74F felt nice and refreshing.

Now 69/41 with clear skies...should drop decently if the rain holds off. But this June has been so full of win with chamber day after chamber day.

Yeah man, 74/42 this afternoon was perfect for a long late afternoon hike.

After the hot couple days today's high of 74F felt nice and refreshing.

Now 69/41 with clear skies...should drop decently if the rain holds off. But this June has been so full of win with chamber day after chamber day.

never got hot here, yesterday was as close to hot as it got. Today was glorious

Archived