Newest Member
    joxey
June Pattern Discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might as well. A cutter just like in winter

it's the ultimate in Bahama -blue patterns... deep layer tropical sourcing from like Cuba!   ...we think of the deepest blue sky as when a Canadian air mass cleans house, but those tropical skies are equally as blue ...and tall bright white tropical CU turrets dump bullet showers as pixels on rad race through.  ... you get like 83/76 in that type of thing, and I was just talking to someone on here the other day about how you never seem to actually get a TC entangled into a pattern that orients its self that way - then this?  weird model run... and if a tc were to be embedded in that flow ... it could even be intense - it doesn't have to be weak like ... 

buuuut, it's 300 hours out so wtf are we even talking about it.

Hot day.

Highs of some of the main ASOS sites in BTV's CWA:

BTV...90F

MPV...86F

MVL...86F

SLK...85F

Dews in the low to mid 50s though felt decent... definitely more humid than the previous days where dews where in the 30s though.  Funny how you can tell the difference between 15% RH and 30-35% RH even though both are decently dry for summer in the northeast.

Probably going to be a hot night in BTV-land with southerly flow.  Not excessively so but its still 80F there at 9pm while its 68F east of the Spine at MVL.  The mountain valley air conditioning turned on again as soon as the sun set this evening despite the stronger southwesterly flow.

Still 72 despite being totally calm here. Oh how I've waited for an evening like this.

Really breezy here and 70F. It was like 20mph gusts at my parent's house before I left around 9pm. I almost cooked the chickens in the garage today while at Market Bucket..... :(

120F at Yuma and 118F at PHX today. Glad we don't live there. A guy I know in Tucson had a t/td of 115/6 this afternoon. Gah.

I am declining and not acknowledging that Day 5-8 ridging on Euro. Another phantom ridge!!!!!! Don't buy it. I officially am giving up on this summer for most of New England. NYC might get fringed by heat and severe 1-2 times this summer, but that might be it.

:weenie:

:weenie:

meh, there's a transient ridge rippling along in there but ... i don't think what he is observing overall is a ridge in the sense of a barn-burner pattern, anyway.   that really looks more like seasonal migration of the westeries N in time ...sort of defaulting the extended depictions into high-ish heights everywhere.   

which could be warm and humid enough in its own rite.  

Probably going to be a hot night in BTV-land with southerly flow.  Not excessively so but its still 80F there at 9pm while its 68F east of the Spine at MVL.  The mountain valley air conditioning turned on again as soon as the sun set this evening despite the stronger southwesterly flow.

Sure enough, a low of 70F at BTV last night and this morning.... meanwhile it was 54F at MVL.

BTV is definitely the Key West of New England summer nights...that place must have more 70F or higher mins during the warm season than most spots though someone like GON or south coast maybe?

Eek can be proud of this...the nocturnal jet that develops keeps it breezy and warm like the tropics.

Key_West_VT.jpg

post-352-0-40192800-1466435381_thumb.jpg

8-10 day means still showing that persistent Great Lakes/Northeast troughiness aloft.  Been a pretty permanent feature for June.  Not a cold pattern at all but not going to get sustained torches with that in the means.

attachicon.giftest8.gif

it's alleviating though ... that 'persistent' you refer to is getting less in that particular product(s) and it should really, as support for that feature is evaporating in the tele's.   

Interesting end to the 12z GFS run. Massive high pressure system over the Great Lakes leading to lower pressures and convergence across the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico where a nice Cane developes and smashes into the Gulf Coast up into the Carolinas and then just off the Eastern Seaboard along the baroclinic zone. Definitely gave me a good chuckle.

you're upper 80s on D6 and likely over 90 on D7/8 on this Euro run fwiw

in fact, that looks like frontalysis trapped daily humidity with thunder D9/10 at that -

Well if DIT's hottest summer on record and months of heat and dews are to transpire it's gotta start somewhere, lol.

Although we are in a decent hot stretch the past 3 days, just no dews over like 55F.

Archived