joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2016 Discussion/Observations

dmillz25

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Record high of 96 at Newark.  LGA ties its record at 92.

The GFS cold bias makes it pretty much unusable. While all the guidance was too cool for Newark, the GFS

had a particularly bad performance.

12z Forecast for Newark:

GFS RAW....86....-10

GFS MOS....82.....-14

Euro............91.......-5

NAM........... 92.......-4

You can also see how cool the official NWS forecast was.

NORTHEASTERN NEW JERSEY...

NEWARK, NJ

PTCLDY/89 

It was chilly up on the life gaurd stand at jones beach this afternoon. Despite the cold water temps I had to rescue a young kid stuck in a rip current. I didn't even have time to take my shirt off!!! 250k plus people for the air show. Which was amazing and always recommended. Popped my cherry on the first day of the season!!!

Decent size thunderstorms rolled thru north jersey right along route 80 east bound. Heavy rains in butler, get home to Chester found it bone dry.

The rain was just insane at times like you said. Easily a 10 minute window of just pure downpours, and still heavy rain the rest of the time. We had our 3rd annual Butler Day today, so that put a bit of a damper on things. Still had the Fireworks though, which were great.

High of 87 in the park.

-0.2 departure for the month now. Heading for an AN month. AMAZING after the mostly cool month.

If the park goes AN for this month that is amazing. I thought with the clouds and cooler weather last weekend I thought BN was a lock. It's like turning off a football game in the 4Q with your team up 4 TDs and then finding out they lost in OT.

Archived