• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 2016 General Discussion.

Chambana

Was out running earlier and got an epic drenching.  Knew there was a chance of storms today but wasn't following it too closely.  It's one thing if it's raining straight down but this had some wind with it and I was like 3/4 of a mile away from shelter.  :axe:

Quite muggy now.  GYY reporting a dewpoint of 73 and IGQ has a dewpoint of 69.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey hey, we finally got something early this morning.  The initial broken line of moderate cells crapped out as they moved in, but then a strong cell fired just west of CR and moved through at peak strength.  The first warning of the season was issued.  I received a few pieces of pea size hail, 40 mph wind, solid lightning, and heavy rain.  I finished with a very welcome ~0.85", which brings my May total up to about 2 inches.

There were several reports of 60-70 mph wind from central to northeast Iowa.

It's 80 at KUGN. We'll see low 80s easily. Got drenched with more than 2" of rain last night. Impressive lightning/thunder for sure. Dog was freaking out.

Definitely not hitting the NAM's projected high in the high 80s. Wind flipping between SE and S. Dewpoint down to 62 now.

Well the rain last night help made it easier to pull weeds. My cats could care less about the thunder, unless it gets really frequent and loud - then they hide. lol

NAM/GFS, earlier in the week, were forecasting dewpoints in the low to mid 70s across Iowa by Thursday afternoon, but we've only managed to reach the low to mid 60s.

Dewpoint was actually higher here yesterday than today.  Let's see if we get an evening bump as sunset approaches/mixing decreases.

Archived