Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 2016 General Discussion.

Chambana

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be shocked if we stay around 70 tonight, dew point is rising already up to 66. If we do end up below 70 it won't be by much.

With all the standing water in the fields and the 10 acres of foot tall hay aspirating tons of moisture plus dead calm, it feels like mid Aug out there.

The very definition of "sultry."

Been watching a nice lightning display for the past hour and a half first just north of me and now south. Nice and isolated for the first hour to really get to see the whole tower lighting up against a clear backdrop vs the usual mcs blob. Just wished it would have rained imby for the garden.

I wouldn't be shocked if we stay around 70 tonight, dew point is rising already up to 66. If we do end up below 70 it won't be by much.

Still 75°F at DTW as of midnight. Deep summer feel in the air.

Even more impressive, PTK is at 76 and Troy remains at 78.

It is seriously hard to believe that less than two weeks ago there were snowflakes in the air. Now we have a solid chance at 5-6 days in a row above 85.

This is one of the more epic monthly turnarounds I can remember.

The latest GFS would suggest 80s all of the way through next Friday.

And I agree, it is pretty crazy. There are actually still a few isolated trees that haven't even fully bloomed yet (though that should no longer be the case by Monday).

EDIT: And the best part is it hasn't been a grungy type of heat so far. WE've had plenty of sunshine, versus having to contend with a ton of low stratus / cloud debris. 

With all the standing water in the fields and the 10 acres of foot tall hay aspirating tons of moisture plus dead calm, it feels like mid Aug out there.

The very definition of "sultry."

It's like we live in different worlds. It's been pretty dry here in NW Ohio, been watering the lawn the last few days

It is seriously hard to believe that less than two weeks ago there were snowflakes in the air. Now we have a solid chance at 5-6 days in a row above 85.

This is one of the more epic monthly turnarounds I can remember.

I was thinking that when I saw the low temperature forecast to be 20ºC, getting a high to that was a big deal a few weeks ago lol. Its a more than welcome turnaround as I couldn't handle another day of that caca.

I'm still sitting at 22ºC (71.6ºF) with a humidex of 28ºC, seriously great. Over-performing temperatures each day. Tomorrow should be the first 30ºC day of the year.

Early last evening all sorts of towers were to my west, haven't seen so many in ages.

The crops got a healthy drink yesterday from the line that moved through in the A.M had more bark than bite though. Pretty sticky icky out there. Nice holiday weekend on tap, dealing with cloud issues, but temps are non issue.

NOAA continues to forecast a hot summer.

Archived