• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 80.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 62.
Wednesday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 81.
Wednesday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64.
Thursday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64.
Friday
Friday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63.
Saturday
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79.

Summer? Is that you?

Reached 72° despite an onshore breeze. Dewpoints stayed low in the 30s today. Perfect day, imo.

FYI: Tonight Mars is near the Moon. Last time I looked it was just to the right and down a little from the Moon.

Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 80.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 62.
Wednesday
Wednesday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64.
Thursday
Thursday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64.
Friday
Friday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63.
Saturday
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79.

Summer? Is that you?

Love it!!!  :sizzle:

I found a measured CAPE of 4381 J/kg at Detroit/White Lake from June 7, 2011. That just impresses me.

http://www.greatlakes.salsite.com/SevereStorms/high_CAPE/2011_06_08_00z_DTX_sounding4115.gif

It was completely capped and wasted too. The Detroit area just missed out on an intense QLCS that dived due south from Ontario to Ohio early that morning, but it produced enough subsidence and latent heat in its wake to squash any additional activity this way. 

85 here as well. Amazing weekend.

Yeah it was.  Quite warm, but no humidity.  

Speaking of humidity, check out the dews progged later on this week.  Mid 70s on the GFS for Thursday over the corn belt.  We haven't seen dews much above the low 60s yet, so that would be one hell of a shock to the system if that verifies.

ofsi2t.jpg

I'm most dissatisfied with my current weather, this breeze that doesn't want to scram is ruining each day because our highs are still borderline t-shirt weather. Sunshine is good, everything else sucks. Tomorrow might be the first day that the low temperatures won't be a problem anymore like it has this entire time. My forecast highs for this week keep getting lowered, Lord have mercy. Rain was introduced for Wednesday instead of sunny with partly cloudy skies, mercy.

I found a measured CAPE of 4381 J/kg at Detroit/White Lake from June 7, 2011. That just impresses me.

http://www.greatlakes.salsite.com/SevereStorms/high_CAPE/2011_06_08_00z_DTX_sounding4115.gif

That day IIRC we had very severe storms rip through midwestern Ontario. That period was the best you could hope for, and the whole summer for that matter.

Yeah it was. Quite warm, but no humidity.

Speaking of humidity, check out the dews progged later on this week. Mid 70s on the GFS for Thursday over the corn belt. We haven't seen dews much above the low 60s yet, so that would be one hell of a shock to the system if that verifies.

ofsi2t.jpg

Yuck. Not looking forward to it. The crops really haven't taken off that much so I'm wondering how much contribution from evapotranspiration there will be.

To give you an idea of how wet / snowy / cool it's been around here, I honestly haven't had the use the sprinklers since 2012. 

If anything, the hardest part has been getting the grass dry enough to cut it between rain events. 

The last two years I made it to mid August before it started getting rough.... I fired up the sprinkler system and had it winterized less than 6 weeks later. $120 down the tubes.

Yuck. Not looking forward to it. The crops really haven't taken off that much so I'm wondering how much contribution from evapotranspiration there will be.

While the vegetation itself is still young, one also has to consider the unusually high soil moisture levels as well, given how rainy the past few months have been. Until now, with the cool / cloudy Spring, there hasn't been much of an opportunity for grounds to dry out. 

Combining that with what will be an already stagnant and persistent SSW flow from the gulf (also something we haven't yet seen) and that's a sure fire recipe for swamp ass air.

I'm asking the NWS, but I think the north side of Howell - Cohoctah, might have been the coldest location in the state this morning.

I was shocked to see that frost. A station just to my north reported a low of 33F.

cool pic!

how do you tell where the yards begin and end.. and do you all coordinate mowing on the same day

Yard waste is picked up Monday AM... Most people mow Saturday and Sunday.

Almost all new subs are fence free.

Love it!!!  :sizzle:

It keeps getting better. :sun:

Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 82. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 63. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
Wednesday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Southwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Wednesday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Thursday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Friday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82.
Friday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67.
Saturday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 83.
Saturday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66.
Sunday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
Sunday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.
Memorial Day

It keeps getting better. :sun:

Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 82. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 63. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
Wednesday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Southwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Wednesday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Thursday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Friday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82.
Friday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67.
Saturday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 83.
Saturday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66.
Sunday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
Sunday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.
Memorial Day

Best climo©

Archived