Newest Member
    joxey
May 2016 General Discussion.

Chambana

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez.  The icebox of Illinois lol.

Lol - ice box of IL, probably not the icebox of the Great Lakes though. SAW/Bo beat me by 10°.

Soil has dried out quite a bit here. Noticed the corn is 3-4" tall now.

It was pretty warm today (85), but the dewpoint was still only low 50s and there was a nice breeze.  Tomorrow the dew climbs into the 60s and stays there.

The locals have across-the-board rain chances, but recent model runs really don't have anything of consequence until Wedesday.

Long range Euro has coast to coast warmth. Should be another stellar day. Swamp air incoming. Today's my birthday, took the next 3 days off work to spend with my son and wife. 27 today and starting to feel "old" lol

Happy Birthday!

haha..  I'll be 27 in October and I feel anything but old.  Must be the wife and kid gig! :)

Finally some rain today... .45" all month long.  Very dry, but the trees have really exploded in the last few days.  Id say 35% leaf out.

Currently 84/52 but it feels a lot mightier than that. I guess that's a result of a NW dry flow this spring.

The fact that we're nearing peak sun angle is probably a factor too.

There's definitely a notable difference in a late May / early June 84*F versus a March or October 84*F.

It almost feels like we completely skipped Spring and jumped straight into Summer from Winter.

Just a week ago, we were seeing straight-up snow in many areas.

It was snowing on May 15th with several trees not fully bloomed. It now looks and feels like summer. It did stay comfortable in my house today but definitely used the ac in the car, & I'm guessing the ac will be needed in a few days.

Archived