Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2016 General Discussion

IWXwx

13 below normal

21 -2 to +2 (though about 14 of them were negative departures)

11 above normal

The big take away for DTW is in that period there has only been one extremely anomalous (+6) month above normal, last December but four extremely anomalous (-6) month below normal in that period. Jan-Mar 2014 and Feb 2015.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYP (granted, with a few brief exceptions).

I loved this post..

13 below normal

21 -2 to +2 (though about 14 of them were negative departures)

11 above normal

The big take away for DTW is in that period there has only been one extremely anomalous (+6) month above normal, last December but four extremely anomalous (-6) month below normal in that period. Jan-Mar 2014 and Feb 2015.

So, that'd be 27 below (4 mega-below) vs. 18 above (1 mega-above). Thanks to both of you guys for nailing this and showing the difference that 1 state "east of ORD(EN)" has endured. I used to think I liked it cold(er) but I'm becoming a fan of (A)GW for all the incorrect reasons - lol  

I'm still hoping for a late spring snow storm in Michigan.

Well I hope it stays in northern lower if it does.

High of 51 today with a good deal of sun.

Felt nice until the ne wind lake breeze picked up.

Still no real sign of a green up but that's pretty typical for here this time of year. May will be the transition month.

Like everyone else, today was another in a string of nasty, windy, rainy days.  There was a dry slot eroding the precip over eastern Iowa first thing this morning, but it quickly filled and gave a widespread soaking to the area.  Some of the heavier downpours avoided my yard, but I still got a very respectable 0.78".  The second piece of energy, currently over Nebraska, it forecast to pull across Iowa tomorrow so another couple tenths could fall.

Archived