joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2016 General Discussion

IWXwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A super impressive turnaround on temps from the first half of April to the second half of April, we were running a -10.8 departure, and turned around in a huge way. Forecasted to hit 83 today, April sure has been eerily quiet severe weather wise in the sub.

This week should change that.

Found 50 morels in couple hours Sat. at a sometimes sweet spot with that last bit of rain and then some chilly air.  Looks like a good setup for some more with the 7 day forecast although I don't like all of this rain that may be coming, as it leads to mud!

Tonight
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62. Southwest wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
Tuesday
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 75. West southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
Tuesday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. North wind 7 to 15 mph becoming east northeast after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
Wednesday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. High near 62. East wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Wednesday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 51. East wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Thursday
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66.
Thursday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46.
Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 65.
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46.
Saturday
A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66.
Saturday Night
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51.
Sunday
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66.
Sunday Night
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a low around 48.
Monday
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64.

32 with a rain snow mix currently.  could see a couple of inches tonight after the switch over to snow is complete.  lots of N winds in the extended....a cool period shaping up.

Wow, 50° warmer here today. After about 3am tonight, it is 40s until Saturday.

Found 50 morels in couple hours Sat. at a sometimes sweet spot with that last bit of rain and then some chilly air.  Looks like a good setup for some more with the 7 day forecast although I don't like all of this rain that may be coming, as it leads to mud!

I found 50 after work Friday and 50 more early Saturday morning, before the hoards began swarming the public land that I hunt. Soil temps were there and the rain Thursday night did the trick.

If we get any rain tonight, I'll be out for round 2 tomorrow evening.

I found 50 after work Friday and 50 more early Saturday morning, before the hoards began swarming the public land that I hunt. Soil temps were there and the rain Thursday night did the trick.

If we get any rain tonight, I'll be out for round 2 tomorrow evening.

Yes, it's been a decent season so far, better than last year around these parts that's for sure.  I'm heading out tomorrow also, my last chance until Sunday.  Good luck!  

Nice flowering trees pics Snowfreak.

Got some of those around here too. Looks like the stage of the greenup here is similar to there. Maybe slightly ahead - like a week.

Still very warm out with lightning in the distance. Backdoor cold front creeping closer unfortunately -

40° with a WC around freezing. My birch tree leaves are about 1/2 inch long now. Red maple tree popped some very small leaves out. Rest of the trees in my yard just have buds still.

41 for a high, but already back in the 30's now under full sun all day... low should be around 20 tonight.  trees are all pretty much still dormant looking.

Only upper 50s today due to thick clouds all day.  Was forecast to hit 70 yesterday, and then lowered to 65 this morning.  Still not a bad day though.  Some of the trees leaves are getting close to full grown now.  Particularly the hard maples.  Usually the soft maples mature before the hard maples around here, but not this year apparently.  

Nice flowering trees pics Snowfreak.

Got some of those around here too. Looks like the stage of the greenup here is similar to there. Maybe slightly ahead - like a week.

Still very warm out with lightning in the distance. Backdoor cold front creeping closer unfortunately -

Thanks...as much as I HATE spring, I always like looking at the flowering trees.

Only upper 50s today due to thick clouds all day.  Was forecast to hit 70 yesterday, and then lowered to 65 this morning.  Still not a bad day though.  Some of the trees leaves are getting close to full grown now.  Particularly the hard maples.  Usually the soft maples mature before the hard maples around here, but not this year apparently.  

Same here, although we managed to hit the low 60s.  Even with the stiff breeze, it wasn't too bad later in the day.  Both of my crab apple trees are now in bloom.

Thanks...as much as I HATE spring, I always like looking at the flowering trees.

spring is probably the most beautiful season along with fall. really weird to see someone who actually hates it. 

move to Barrow!

you're a snowbird stuck in the south :(

after a long cold great lakes winter, anyone who hates Spring is questionable IMO.

Archived