• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Spring/Summer Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

Hmm very unstable atmosphere with 30 kts of shear driven by a weak shortwave coming thru in prime time. Definitely might be the beginnings of a bow echo

Maybe. I don't think we even have 30 kts. I'll be out spotting just in case. Besides, I really enjoy being out in the middle of flat farmland around and watch storms roll through, severe or not.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barring a last second miracle, Detroit gets shut out AGAIN for any sort of rain. This is very bad.

Latest frames show the line's TRYING to fill in. The instability's certainly there for it to do so.

But still, even if it doesn't, it'll be nowhere near the type of shut out everyone else on here expected earlier. :lol:

We could really be setting up to fry around here if we get the right pattern. The way the grass looks around here, you could start it on fire and it would spread through the entire town and burn it all down.

I have my sprinklers running as we speak. I'd let the grass dry out, but it always gets diseased if I let it go too long without water.

At this point I gave up on the lawn. Even the lawns with sprinklers in the neighborhood are brown as can be. Just isn't worth it when there is no help at all from mother nature.

We are looking at a min of 5 days of sun and no precip. Corn is so far behind here it's not funny. 

I'm not a meteorologist, but I would have to assume the dry ground is resulting in lower humidity and cutting off our moisture feed into upper levels?

You do reach a point where the dryness feeds back into the atmosphere and gets into a cycle. That's why there's some truth to dry begets dry. The cycle is not unbreakable of course...it will end at some point but not in the near term.

Got sprinkles here, and it looks like areas from DTW to downtown got solid light rain, so not a total shut out as far as precipitation for everyone. 

Measured a trace at the airport, as for here I think I had 5 sprinkles hit me walking to the car.

You do reach a point where the dryness feeds back into the atmosphere and gets into a cycle. That's why there's some truth to dry begets dry. The cycle is not unbreakable of course...it will end at some point but not in the near term.

See it is weird though, we are dry here but really around us everyone has had rain even to day north south and east, hell this morning you could include west. It is really SE and NE MI that are hurting bad. So even though it has been dry, you look at today, it didn't take much to advect in moisture. We were technically moist but without the rainfall.

Archived