Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2016 Spring/Summer Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's fair to say that severe 2016 has been worse that winter 2015-2016 in Michigan.

I'm not factoring in how nice it has been lately. Just the lack of traditional weather worth tracking in each of the two seasons.

I have had one thunderstorm, it was at 4 am and featured occasional lightning and no wind. Heard thunder 1 or 2 times all season.

I'd agree...but severe weather and winter are so different. Winter weather occurs all the time, even in mild winters. Severe is almost always hit miss even during good times. That said....it's been a very tame thunderstorm season, much more tame than winter.

I'd agree...but severe weather and winter are so different. Winter weather occurs all the time, even in mild winters. Severe is almost always hit miss even during good times. That said....it's been a very tame thunderstorm season, much more tame than winter.

It's been a very tame last year honestly. Just completely mild, dry weather. Much better than last summer where the ground was muddy until August. Lol honestly my golf game this year is so much better due to the fact the courses were playable by late March and we have seen hardly any rain this year

Hi-Res models continue to show a numerous to widespread coverage of convection late this afternoon and early this evening.

So things aren't completely hopeless yet as far as severe potential and seeing some needed rain.

Even if we don't get severe, I will gladly take the downpours, we need rain. I was out north of Howell today and I was shocked how much drier it was there than even in the city. Some of the trees are starting to show stress there. We could really use 2-3" right now but I will take anything at this point.

Even if we don't get severe, I will gladly take the downpours, we need rain. I was out north of Howell today and I was shocked how much drier it was there than even in the city. Some of the trees are starting to show stress there. We could really use 2-3" right now but I will take anything at this point.

Airshow?

You know what they say....dry begets dry.  :guitar:

Honestly, I wouldn't grade this Summer any worse than a B- if we continue with the same general weather we've had.

For me, this Summer so far has been the equivalent of a Winter with constant snowflakes in the air, overcast skies and deep snow pack but without the snowstorms. 

Sex w/o the foreplay... Yay

Better than no sex at all (I.E. the Summers of 2013 - 2015).

Beggars can't be choosers. :P

It is crazy though. I frequently hear people bragging about being able to go to the beach or boating on the water this Summer. That type of discussion was virtually absent after 2012 until now (because it was too damn cold and rainy). And before the previous 3 Summers, it was actually pretty typical to have periods of brown grass (just not so early in the Summer, but instead in August).

EDIT: Summer is my favorite season BTW (as in I actually enjoy Summer-like weather overall). Winter overall is probably my 2nd least favorite season besides the potential for snowstorms. 

Even the weeds are dying along the freeways right now.

Archived