joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
7th Annual New England Lawn Thread

CoastalWx

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overseeded today and little rain in site. Well is going to take a beating to water it all in

Well, not looking good. Started watering again this morning and noticed sprinkler pressure dropping. Only 30 psi on bladder tank. If I turn off water for a few minutes I get good water pressure at sprinkler then it drops. I'm guessing we'll isnt recharging fast enough but not sure. It's a 500' deep well.

All those ornamentals mentioned in this area have only flowers at the bottom. It wasn't the April cold. It was the -17 to -20 temps in the area in Feb . The landscape in this area of SNE is not used to that type of cold.

They all look like this . Normally those are loaded with flowers

162D4B87-C598-4DEE-8950-E339A3FAEAA5_zps

You didn't get that cold last winter?

We had those temps here last winter and I didn't notice the issues you have there this year, could be a more hardy types over here.

Ive never recorded anything lower here or at our first house at 650 feet lower than -10. This year it hit -17.4. It doesn't seem like a lot with 7 degrees, but maybe there's a certain threshold? I don't know. But , I've never seen this happen to the flowering shrubs in my 16 years in Tolland or growing up in nearby Vernon. It's not just with elevation . Lower spots I've seen it too

I think you're 100% wrong, and so do most of the landscapers that post here

The forsythia were already blooming like that in early April before the cold snap and snow

It was the April cold snap. Go back and look at some of the historical old snaps with multiple days with temps even colder then what you had in February. Try 4 days in a row.if anything lady winters sustained cold was more damaging then a brief cold shot. I lost my dynamite crape myrtle last winter after 8 years of perfection

Archived