Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
7th Annual New England Lawn Thread

CoastalWx

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything came to a grinding halt growing. A lot of the trees outside of some maples aren't doing a whole lot. I did see a Facebook reminder from a year ago and yard wasn't as good as I remember, so felt a little better.

One day of sun after this rain and you'll have a huge transformation. Spring appeal can turn on a dime. So different from fall.

One day of sun after this rain and you'll have a huge transformation. Spring appeal can turn on a dime. So different from fall.

We had full sun all day yesterday and I don't notice much difference this morning. It's weird seeing so many trees with just buds this late.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to eradicate wild violet from my lawn?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I found this.

"Fall is the best time of year to control the wild violets. It's a perennial weed with a long tap root on it. Use a broadleaf killer that contains 2,4-D or Dicamba, and it will selectively kill the violets without damaging the grass. Another great wild violet herbicide is called Drive (quinclorac).

Well...I bit the bullet on some zoysia plugs for the struggling parts of my lawn. I don't care that it's brown until May and then dormant again in October. It'll be lush in the warm season and will choke out all of the weeds taking over. It's a good grass where my lawn gets scorched all day too. 2400 plugs for $150 incl shipping. We'll see how it goes.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to eradicate wild violet from my lawn?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Use Ortho CCO(chickweed, clover, oxalis). Main ingredient in it is Triclopyr. You will need to mutiple apps about 2 weeks apart. It's a slow kill for those.

2 4-D will not take out wild violets.

I'm hoping by mowing today I'll minimize whatever black-fly onslaught might be in store after the recent wet chill. Should be a burst of bugs en route ftl.

Warming up the mower and look at the radar f*@k! Another burst of rain almost here, lawn was finally somewhat dry

Archived